“Loved it! Cute cottages, beautiful gardens.”

Koloa Landing Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poipu
Koloa Landing Cottages
Ranked #24 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Poipu
Reviewed 10 October 2005

Our experience at Koloa Landing Cottages couldn't have been more lovely! We loved our cozy, breezy, comfortable cottage. It was bright and cheerful as was the staff. They gave us great advice as to the best activities for our family as well as a cooler, body boards, and beach toys to take along on outings.

The cottage was colorful, and cool even on the hottest days. We had some great BBQs on the front porch. I love to stroll through the gardens, I found it very relaxing. I love the fresh flowers everywhere and the feel of being part of a Hawaiian neighborhood. We will definately be back! Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank classsic

Reviewed 20 September 2005

It was the filthiest, noisiest and most regrettable $150 per night we've ever spent anywhere (Sept. 2005).
The establishment has new owners that are not the same as the ones that get rave reviews elsewhere on the web - including Fodor's. The current owners are unresponsive and irresponsible in our finding.
The unit was FILTHY. Huge stains on the floor. Screens, shades and fans completely dirty. My wife had allergy issues while we were there as a result - with trade winds blowing through window screens it was still that bad. Hair left in the shower/bathroom. Mosquitos/blood killed and smeared on the walls at our arrival. Ants and cockroaches everywhere at night or day. Our second rental elsewhere at same price has been spotless.
The stove/range was completely inoperable and it took them until our third night to get a two-burner hot plate in the kitchen.
Pots and pans that were in terrible state and not safe to cook with. I won't even go into the grime and cockroach dust/filth I saw when standing on a chair cleaning up an ant trail on the wall.
Full payment is made upon arrival, so no recourse. We didn't see the female owner until we checked out. At check out, she asked what would be a fair discount/refund. She ignored the cost of having to eat out all the time and offered us minimal refund.
Having no recourse, we had to take it. She then had the gall to say that they would be buying a new stove AFTER we left (!) and then intimated that we just didn't do as good a job as she does of living cheaply as her. Traveling with a small child and at such short notice, finding an immediate alternate rental was not an option.
Until ownership again changes hands, I cannot more strongly recommend that people AVOID Koloa Landing Cottages at all costs. I have never felt more cheated by a lodging establishment than I do about this dump.

• Stayed: September 2005