“Truly wonderful resort” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lawai Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poipu
Lawai Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 30 Speciality Lodging in Poipu
Spokane, Washington
“Truly wonderful resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our second trip to the Lawai Beach Resort. The staff was extremely helpful. We absolutely love the main Banyan Building and loved spending the mornings sitting on our Lanai watching the surfers, then walking across the street for the best snorkeling we experienced on the island. We hope to go again next year!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ksimonsmeier
owen H, Manager at Lawai Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Lawai Beach Resort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Owen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My family of four adults stayed in a two-bedroom unit on the third floor of the Banyan building here for a week and we loved it. The unit is spacious with two bathrooms (not all units have two), a large kitchen and dining area, huge living room, and the best of all--a large lanai with table and chairs and a spectacular view of the ocean. This is what I come to Hawaii for--relaxing by the ocean. Great snorkeling area just across the street, many good restaurants close by, quiet nights, comfortable beds, and when the breeze blows (which it did most of the time) the unit stays cool and comfortable. A couple of the nights were a little warm, but the fans in the unit worked well. We were told that none of the units have A/C. Having a washer and dryer is very handy. The unit is well stocked with all you need including beach towels. While the decor is modern, it is not upscale. Staff is friendly and pool is maintained very well. The only problem we had was when we arrived there was a strong smell of bug spray in the unit. Even when we opened all the doors and windows, we couldn't get rid of it. When I reported it to the front desk they had someone from housekeeping come and wipe all the floors down. That did help but it took a couple of days for it to be completely gone. Glad there were no bugs, but the spray was a little over the top. Overall, the best place I have stayed in Hawaii (this is my sixth trip and I've been on all four islands).

Room Tip: Upper floors in Banyan or Alii are best for views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank psychoteacher
owen H, Manager at Lawai Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Aloha,

Thank you so much for taking he time to post your comments. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed Lawai Beach Resort for your family vacation. Our team does an exceptional job ensuring our guests have the best Kauai stay. I will be sharing your comments with the housekeeping team. We take any and all feedback to assist us in providing that true Hawaiian experience that people come to love about Kauai.
Thank you again for your post and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is the place to stay on the South shore of Kauai. Right across the street from the beach and good snorkeling along with the Beach House makes this location excellent. The accommodations and pools are great. The view from the lanais in the Aili building are true Kauai. So if we get a chance we will be go back to the Lawai Beach Resort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chuck_Gloria
Aloha,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We were pleases to read that you loved the Resort and its surrounding.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Chester, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I just realized that I never reviewed my stay here after my trip last April / May. Since we are leaving for Kauai again in a few days and the people on Trip Advisor have been so helpful in deciding on booking my trip this year I felt obligated to review my last trip.

My wife and I stayed here for a week after a friend let us use his timeshare. Our trip was the last week of April into the first week of May 2013. We stayed in the Banyan building and I gotta say it was an amazing time. The view was beyond awesome, all rooms in the building are ocean view. The staff was outstanding. The place was lively during the day and quiet and peaceful in the evening and night. There is so much to do on Kauai that I'm sure that had something to do with the quiet and peacefulness at night but people were very considerate as well. The condo was well equiped with everything you need. The grounds are immaculant and the pool and spa were well maintained, no complaints! I don't own a timeshare but if I ever do buy one this will be where I buy it!!! Book and stay here with confidence as this place is amazing! One thing that I didn't know until I got there was that not all rooms have A/C. Growing up in Pennsylvania I like the cold and my A/C in the summer. To give you an idea of what I find comfortable I keep my house cold at 67 degrees. I thought I might be uncomfortable but with the windows and tropical breeze I was comfortable the entire time. I only mention it because if somebody thinks this might be a deal breaker then please reconsider because Lawai Beach Resort is just plain awesome!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Banyan Building and every room in the building is ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeB3011
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Nice to know that even after a year your time with us is still top of mind. I trust that you will be staying with us on your return visit to our Island Paradise. Our team takes great pride in the resort and ensures that all areas are well maintained for our owners and guests to enjoy.
Again thank you for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to responding to your next review.

Mahalo A ahui Hou,

Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent last week at Lawai Beach Resort. Being a timeshare resort, it felt like a home away from home. The room was clean, lovely, and met all of our needs for our stay. A few things worth noting: We stayed in the Ali'i Building (the farthest west). This is the quiet building/pool area. There were a few signs (not overbearing, but they were there) noting that the area should be as quiet as possible. This was nice most of the time as we were never disturbed by obnoxious noise and there were very few kids around.

There is no cleaning service throughout your stay. It was wonderful never getting a knock on the door for someone to make your bed, but there was also no fresh towels, shampoo, or the like. You can always get more from the front desk, but we found it easier to just bring extras of our own.
There is an activities desk that rents snorkel gear, boogie boards and other beach gear at the front desk. We rented snorkel gear (the beach across the street made for EPIC snorkelling!), but had a tough time returning the gear as it is manned by one person and everyone in Kauai works on aloha time - very laid back - so not showing up is no big deal. It saved us money to use them, but it wasn't convenient to try to find them when they were there.
The concierge desk will try to book you a timeshare meeting for another resort and offer you 10% off all activities booked through them and a $125.00 visa gift card for attending. We actually didn't get a choice. We booked a luau through them and were told we had to attend this timeshare meeting and were told we'd get the gift card as a bonus. The time share meeting took 4 hours! We were a little annoyed that we were initially told only 90 minutes. Vacation time is precious in Kauai! Tip - book all your activites on your own and skip the concierge desk. It's cheaper anyway as that 10% basically just covers their fee for booking events for you.

The place overall was great with room to spead out and make ourselves at home while away from home.

Room Tip: If you get a one bedroom unit, the bedroom is in the front/hallway side of the room. Being Hawaii...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Aloha,

Thank you very much for your review. I was pleased to read that Lawai Beach Resort was like home away from home. Our associates take great pride ensuring that our guests are comfortable during their stay. I will be sharing your comments with our concierges team. We take all and any comments seriously as they assist us in our pursuit to provide outstanding service.

Again thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My family and I (2 adults/2toddlers) stayed here as a gift from friends for our Easter holiday. We stayed in the Alii building on the 3rd floor in one bedroom. It was very comfortable, with all the amenities of a small apartment (fully kitchen, washer/dryer, TVs with cable in the bedroom and living room, and a balcony). The road (15mph) was in front of our balcony that was up against rocks where visitors would snorkel every morning. The breeze and sound of the ocean was great from our room. The are two pools on the property, and we were able to take our boys in (NO flotation devices allowed) during the early part of the day without interrupting anyone else.
The property is 30 minutes from the main airport and five minutes to town where we were able to purchase groceries and grab a bite to eat. We did not take advantage of any of the scheduled activities, instead opting to drive around the island to visit the National Parks.
There was no option for eating on the property, and any room cleaning throughout the stay came with a charge (including asking for additional clean towels). However, we did have an ample amount of linens and were able to wash them if we ran out.
One time that was a bit of a concern with the presence of mites and mosquitoes. I am not quite sure, but I believe there was a still pond at the front of the property that seemed to attract mosquitoes, and any time we left the screen to the balcony open or sat outside on the balcony my husband was attacked and mosquitoes made it into the living room. We even found one in the curtains of our bedroom one morning. As for mites, the sofa was infested with mites that bit my husband and one of my toddlers multiple times. We had to use a sheet from the bedroom to cover the sofa so that we would be able to sit on it during the day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LydiaLucero
Aloha,

Thank you so much for your review. I was very pleased to read that you found all the necessities of home in your unit. I would like to ask that you reach out to me to discuss your other opportunities.

Again thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I spent our 5th year wedding anniversary on this island. This hotel was very nice and has beautiful view of the ocean. The room was very spacious and clean and fully equipped staff was nice. We definitely will stay here again.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Ali building on the second floor. There was a nice breeze at night
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sassy518
owen H, Manager at Lawai Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Aloha,

It was nice to hear that you spent your 5th wedding an. oat Lawai Beach Resort. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. We look forward to seeing you on your 6th wedding ann.

Mahalo,
Owen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poipu
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,199 reviews
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Lawai Beach Resort? Share your experiences!