Prince Kuhio Condos
US$754
Marriott
US$533
US$457
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
US$793
US$754
Orbitz.com
US$857
US$808
Hyatt.com
The Kauai Inn(Lihue)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$259
US$218
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewskauai vacation rentalsthe beach house restaurantstudio unitbeach towelsspouting hornparking garagebbq areagreat snorkelingpretty groundssmall beachbest snorkeling on the islandolder complexocean viewpoipu beachtravel booksceiling fansnorkel gear
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I booked a last minute trip to Kauai (our 4th visit in 3 years) for my teenage daughter and I to reconnect. This studio unit really was perfect for what we needed. My teenage son actually tagged along at the last minute and although it was a studio, we brought a twin air mattress and he slept outside on the lanai (his choice). He loved it out there. This unit is in a great location as it's toward the back and has a GREAT view of the ocean from the lanai. Nothing quite like waking up, having coffee and viewing the ocean. The condos are situated across the street from one of the best snorkeling spots on the island! You really can't go wrong with this unit or location.

Every morning I took a run to either spouting horn (1.5 miles one way) or to the Starbucks (1.5 miles the other way). It is the perfect distance from anything you could possibly need. Although we had a car, we walked quite a few places.

There are two shopping plazas within walking distance ..one that houses the Starbucks, a general store and a few other local shops and the other that has some more upscale shopping (Quicksilver, Tommy Bahamas, etc) and quite a few nice restaurants. I'll be reviewing the restaurants later.

Also within walking distance is a dive shop, a place to rent bikes and another small local store.
You can also walk to the Sheraton (Poipu beach) pretty easily or its just a short drive.

The Beach House Restaurant (one of the most incredibly sunset dinners) is literally right across the street.

I'm telling you....for the price, the location and the value....this place can't be beat.

We went through Poipu Connections (poipuconnection.com) to book this condo and they were incredibly easy to work with. Our flight actually got cancelled and the unit was still available so we extended our time by 2 days, they were very accommodating about this.

I am seriously thinking of purchasing a unit in this condo or very near by. I feel as though Poipu has become my home away from home.

We love you Poipu...can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsay86
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of May during our recent tour around Hawaii and thought it was excellent. We booked Unit 235 through Poipu Connection Reality and overall we felt the price was quite reasonable and the location was great. Having looked through previous reviews, it felt a bit like pot luck with the units, with some being very expensive, others being worryingly cheap and cleaning fees often jumping the price up considerably. But in the end we were very pleased with our unit. It is towards the rear of the building (away from the road) but faced East, so we had views over the adjacent gardens and the ocean to the South.

The room was quite large (for 2 of us at least) and perfectly suitable for our needs. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. There was a full kitchen with just about everything you could probably want, though I confess we never really used it. The air conditioning unit was welcomed to take the heat out of the room in the evening, but personally I wouldn’t have slept with it on as it was a bit noisy (as with all single room bolt on units – it’s the same everywhere). But the ceiling fan kept things comfortable overnight.

Be warned, as mentioned in other reviews, roosters are rife on Kauai! It was quite cute watching them scratch around with their chicks right outside the balcony during the day, but they do kick off in the mornings. They were all over the island! I’ll be surprised if you could escape them anywhere (you could hear them for miles!), so if you’re a light sleeper and don’t fancy a 5am wake up call, invest in some earplugs! I can’t say this detracted from our stay at the Prince Kuhio.

There is plenty of free parking in the adjacent multi-storey car park (in the shade!). Virtually opposite the apartment block was a small rocky beach area and a minute or so’s walk in the opposite direction was a nice sandy beach. There were turtles in the sea all along this coast and great dive sites in the area just off shore. (We dived with Seasport divers, who were excellent incidentally). Nearby there was a shopping village with touristy shops and restaurants and a posh-ish but quite expensive food store (if you like that sort of thing), but there was also plenty of other options not too far away.

Overall, we would definitely recommend Prince Kuhio condos (unit 235 at least) to others looking to escape the big brand resorts and their high prices.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank C.Weeks
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I have only wonderful things to say about the Prince Kuhio. We stayed in a Studio, Unit 335, we used poipuconnection.com to book our stay. They were extremely helpful before our stay, and we were so happy upon arrival. The location was absolutely perfect. Plenty of nearby shops and restaurants nearby, with a gorgeous view from our lanai of both the mountains and the Pacific. Everything we needed was included in the studio, with a great flat screen TV and well working air conditioner. I know that without a doubt I will be returning to this same unit in the future. I love Kauai so much- and we explored the entire island- and know we stayed at exactly the right location... and- what a deal! Such a little bit of money for such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Unit 335 was great :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarriePalmer25
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My wife, daughter and I had the most wonderful experience during our recent stay in May at the Prince Kuhio condominiums. We rented unit PK212 from Deb the condo owner and you can find all about the rental at: http://www.prince-kuhio.com/site/212.html

The experience of working with the owner was fantastic at every level: clarity of the information communicated, accuracy of the facts, transaction aspects etc. There was not a single question unanswered from Deb and it was super easy to book the condo for our stay in Kauai. Unit 212 is spacious, updated, extremely clean and has all the bells and whistles you can imagine: great furniture, large bed, new appliances and a pack & play for babies & toddlers. It was very kid friendly for our 14 months old daughter. The condo complex has a nice pool and awesome gas barbecue facilities with onsite laundry. The location of the place is also great: close to the beach, stores and restaurants. More importantly the Unit is located in an area of the building which is super quiet and all you can hear from the bedroom is the sound of the ocean. The condo is appropriate for a couple or a couple and a child.

I would highly recommend anybody looking for a vacation rental in Kauai and particularly in Poipu to connect with Deb and take advantage of this great condo. I wish all our travel experiences were like this ;-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephan B
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at Prince Kuhio #336. The grounds are very kept up with for being such an old condo. We were very pleased. We paid $90 for a studio. 336 was updated very clean and had everything we needed.Great value! We here just across the street from good snorkling and saw a lot of sea turtles in that spot too!

Room Tip: Loved #336
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple