“Eh...”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The food was okay, except for the rice pilaf which tasted like rice with ramen noodles seasoning. There was no crust on the prime rib and it was overcooked, but it was flavorful and the horseradish sauce was delicious. The salad bar was basic, but it came with the meal so I really can't complain.

If they lowered the price this place might be worth it. Otherwise, you can find better.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Good food a bit pricey but then everything is pricey in Kauai. The service was good and the dining experience, decor etc. was great. The staff was excellent with our five yr old granddaughter and she enjoyed the dessert. The meal was tasty but not quite excellent. We would go back again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I was somewhat disappointed with the limited menu and high prices. The unlimited salad bar at $14 is way overpriced particularly for the limited selection. My wife and I both had the 7 oz sirloin steak with a baked potato. The price was $27 plus an extra $1.50 for the baked potato each. The service was slow but it was Mother's Day and Sunday night so that is to be expected. The salad bar is included with the steak. Not being a salad person I got the fruit which was two slices of a caned peach, two pieces of pineapple and a piece of Mango. These were very small pieces I might add as I wanted to enjoy my steak. When we were served the baked potatoes were at best medium. The taste of the food was good. The other three in our party said the food was excellent. The taste of my steak was good but was extremely tuff. In fact when I tried to swallow my second bite it got caught on my throat and I had to run to the restroom. I cut deeper in steak to see if it might be better. It wasn't. I told the waitress I was not able to eat it. She asked if I wanted another. After the previous trip to the restroom I declined. When we got the bill she charged me $14 for the six small pieces of fruit and $3 for the baked potato. The original bill would have been $26. Most places I have visited would have comped the entire bill. I just thought $14 for the one trip to the salad bar for a few small pieces of fruit was not justified. I went back to my hotel with an empty stomach. On the restaurants behalf I will say the taste of the two pieces of steak I had were good. I understand that sirloin steak does on occasion have tuff pieces which is not the cooks fault. This is the first time in my life I ever sent back a steak or anything at any restaurant. I am 67 years old. In short my wife and friends enjoyed the meal. I do think the restaurant is somewhat overpriced. Because of its location they are able to get by with higher prices.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We visited CJ's twice. First time was for lunch, and the fresh ono sandwiches were excellent. A week later we were in Princeville and I suggested that we give them another try for dinner. We were seated on their outdoor deck, on seat cushions that were really dirty, unfortunately. Their menu entrees were pretty much all $29.00 and up. My wife had the Mahi Mahi while I ordered Seared Ahi tuna. They must have been pretty busy, because we waited for quite awhile after our salad bar trip - and the salad selections were quite good. Our seafood was good, not great. I would go back again, should we find ourselves in Kauai's North Shore.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We enjoyed our meal at CJs. The salad bar was excellent with lots of fresh choices. The catch of the day was good value and well prepared. The food experience was good but the service was sort of lackadaisical and disappointing. They certainly did not make you feel special in any way. They were just providing what was necessary. You expect more in a resort location. We stuck with the fish choices are were not disappointed in the flavours.