“Rice Pilaf Not!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nice salad bar which takes the place of veggies on your plate. I ordered lobster which was ok, a little dry even though it was drenched with butter. What they call rice pilaf is curry rice--red and spicy! They offered to change it to brown rice, which I like, but it was very dry. There are restaurants that I like very much better than this one.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We loved CJ's and I'm glad we visited In spite of some off reviews. We found the salad bar was good, the service was also mostly prompt but always within island standards. It's not inexpensive, with $28 for most steak and seafood dishes for dinner. But the real winner for me was the local beef in the top sirloin and ribeye steaks we had. They were juicey, cooked to our request and very tasty. I'm so glad we visited.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We came with a big appetite and left full, but not satisfied. The salad bar is $14 by itself, but included with entree and child's entree, but so not worth it on its own. They mentioned local fruits and veggies, but only the pineapple and bread seemed local. The prime rib was pretty good and the fish special was cooked well but both were lacking in spices. We will try another.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I were staying in Princeville and decided to try CJs steak and seafood. We waited at least 5 minutes before a hostess even showed up at the stand. After we got seated and opened our menu, we were blown away by the prices. $14.50 for just the salad bar. The salad bar consisted of lettuce, some vegetables and dressing. There were also some fruits to choose from. I could literally walk to foodland next door and pay 15 for all the ingredients and make myself and 4 others a salad for that price.

My husband ordered the seared ahi. It was flash seared, still cold in the middle and had ZERO seasonings. The rice that came with it tasted like it was store bought out of a box. For a grand total of $30.

Service was so so. It took about 10 minutes to get our drinks (beer and an iced tea). We only saw our server two times and the restaurant was fairly dead. At the end of our meal as our plates were being taken away our waitress told us that they would take the Ahi off of our bill since my husband didnt eat it. We appreciated the gesture and noticed that the couple across the aisle from us sent back their lobster for being overcooked.

Overall, I would skip it. Not worth the price. The staff was extremely friendly and the atmosphere was ok but thats about all they have going for them.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This restaurant is in a shopping complex. The food was good, not great. One nice thing about it was that the salad bar came with the meal. The service was odd---so quick and impersonal that we felt rushed. On an island where everyone is relaxed and laid back, this made us uncomfortable. They swooped down to snatch our plates away from the table literally as soon as we put our forks down. Chill, guys!!!!