My husband and I went to Kauai for the first time on a promotion from Westin to promote their timeshares here.
We were very impressed with the hotel itself and the studio room we had. It had a partial oceanview and a lovely lanai which we enjoyed very much while staying here.
The room was lovely with a sunken garden jaccuzi tub. There was a full refrigerator and stove and microwave. The kitchen had everything you would need as far as utensils, plates, glasses (even wine glasses!). We did not cook but for those of you who wish to do so you would have everything you need. We did go down to Foodland, the local super market and purchased beer and wine which saved a lot on drinks. There is also a washer and dryer in the room which came in very handy.
Everyone we encountered with one exception was very pleasant and helpful including the valets (very nice!) and the concierge was very helpful in booking us a couple of excursions.
There were some weird, quirky things however that we did not like. We were in the room for 5 days and the room was only cleaned 1 time. After 2 days of no cleaning I called down and inquired as to when our room would be cleaned and was told that since we
"were there on a timeshare promotion that we were being treated like timeshare owners and would only get 1 cleaning and no clean towels". Okay, here's the issue; we are not owners, we were guests and while it's not that huge of a deal it would have been nice to have been informed of that at checkin instead of finding out 3 days into the trip that we would have to clean our own room and wash our own towels.
Also, when we first arrived from the airport our first night, it was a little after 8:00 pm and we were starving. We went to the hotel restaurant and were told that the restaurant stops serving dinner at 8:00 pm. Seems really early to quit serving food. Also the hotel market closes at 8:00 as well so we were pretty much up a creek but thank God Foodland and a bar and grill (Paradise Bar and Grill) was in the shopping center just up the road. Another issue with the restaurant/bar on the hotel property was one night we went down to the bar for a Mai Tai and there was live entertainment on the patio, we attempted to walk out on the patio with our drinks to listen to the live music when the hostess stopped us and said that tables were only available to people eating dinner there. Now mind you, we wouldn't have cared except there were many, many empty tables available and the whole time we sat in the bar the tables never filled up. They just remained empty. Seems kind of silly that we could not go outside and enjoy the music, but that was the rule I guess.
We did attend the timeshare presentation and while they said it would not be high pressure we kind of felt the heat when we expressed no desire to purchase a timeshare.
We overall enjoyed our stay here but probably would not stay here again for the simple reason it was too far from everything we wanted to do. It is at least an hour to 2 hours from all the excursions and things we wanted to do. We prefer more nightlife and restaurants, bars, etc close by, this was way too quiet for our tastes. It is just our personal preference.
If you want a very quiet vacation in a lovely hotel this would be perfect for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai, Hawaii