“Not Bad”

Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Princeville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Hotel is nice and the view is great but I'm a big nature freak and I just couldn't get away into the wilderness (this is one of the few trips we took and didn't have a rental car). We were able to get down to a beach but this resort is really made for people who aren't interested in the wild!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank panthurdreams
Write a ReviewReviews (1,988)

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was a little reluctant to book the Westin after reading some reviews. I am a very light sleeper and the negatives regarding the a/c noise were of concern. Our AAA travel agent was so positive we went ahead and booked.
We arrived in the early evening without our bags as they had missed the connection. I was able to arrange at the front desk that they call us if before 10pm otherwise keep them till morning. They arrived just before 10 and the hotel desk sent them to our room.
We spent 6 days at the Westin and then moved to the Sheraton on the south shore and we immediately regretted it. There is no comparison.
We had a full kitchen, living room, bathroom as large as many rooms with a separate whirlpool, toliet and glass shower, double sinks with beautiful granite tops. The shuttered door to whirlpool opens into bedroom and since we had a partial ocean view I could see it from the bathroom.
The kitchen is stocked with almost everything, knives,bbq utensils, coffee maker, toaster, corningware casseroles, pot and pans, corkscrew, wine glasses ( no champagne glasses though and no salt and pepper). The only stock coffee and dish detergent etc. once then you have to purchase at store.
The heavenly bed was heaven, linens soft, pillows great and I am VERY picky. ave special mattress and thermapedic pillow at home. The room was quiet. On the second floor no hall noise or outside noise. If we were on the deck we could hear the roosters but I didn't mind although they can be annoying if you are outside trying to eat at a table on a beach lounge chair.
My husband and I were celebrating our 32nd anniversary so I was happy to be able to utilize a "plunge" pool without children and a nice whirlpool overlooking the ocean.
There is no beach access but I knew that and didn't care and there are so many beaches on Kauai I don't see why you'd care. There is access to the St. Regis and I didn't think I was use it but my husband wanted to check it out and I'm glad we did- it's beautiful and the otel is stunning.
After my 4th day I did fall on a slippery walk when on a beautiful day suddenly the sky opened and it poured. Unfortunately this injury kept we from doing a number of things we had planned including any hiking. My toes were blue and foot swollen and I realize accidents happen but it would have been nice if the hotel had been able to supply an icepack. I iced it but the following morning asked if they had any since I am sure this happens occasionally. I was asked to wait for over ten minutes at the concierge while a security person was sent for only to be told no they didn't have them. I'm sure they could have told me that on the phone. That is the one thing I believe was not handled well. They should either have them or get you one. The secuity person could easily see how swollen my foot was. It's been 2 weeks and I'm still limping.
Back to the great stuff though.
Decent drinks at bar.
Great breakfast wraps at onsite market you can eat outside by pool with your starbucks coffee. You get a $10 voucher to market if you decline housekeeping BUT we found out the hard way you lose it IF not used same day. So be sure you use it. You can also use it at the restaurant or bar BUT not on alcohol or grocery items. The restaurant Nanea is handy and food excellent too.
The grounds were beautiful and lush. Grounds are kept beautifully.

Room Tip: For more privacy request a 2nd floor otherwise balcony will be an open book to passersby. Room depe...
2  Thank grapetomato
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This resort is PERFECT for those honeymooners or adults who do not relish sharing their vacation experience with small children. There are very few present at this property. It is, however, one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The Princeville Hotel is stunning, as is Hanalei. There are no Safrewyas or large restaurant; nor are there hordes of tourists. A little pricier to fly into and more difficult to get to, Princevill, and Kauai in general is much less commercial than Maui. It is closer to the real Hawaai, in my opinion. If you are looking for rest and relaxation, this is the resort for you. If you wanna party, go to Maui!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nooooowaaaay
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Would like to extend my sincerest thanks and appreciation to all the fine personnel that made our 25th Anniversary vacation a truly memorable one. Arriving late Tuesday evening, close to midnight, the Bellman that greeted us was both friendly and informative saving us both precious time and money. The receptionist was also very thoughtful and accomodating to us. The restaruant experience was excellent as well with attentive hostesses, thoughtful waitresses, and terrific chiefs.With the Princeville market close by, we were able to enjoy making our own meals for breakfast. We would adopt everyone we spoke with and look forward to staying again in the future. My wife and I carefully researched all available resorts on the entire island of Kua'i and actually tried their restaurants for lunch, but we were ALWAYS more impressed and grateful that we chose the Westin at Princeville Villas over all other options. Very difficult to leave for home, but this is an indicator of an excellent vacation.
Again, THANK YOU! Aloha and Mahalo.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER,
Robert and Nancy Lavelle Thursday 10-27-2011

Room Tip: Remeber in life, ultimately the way you treat others is how you will be treated.Upon arrival and at...
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Although my husband and I had a very rainy visit to Kauai in May, the Westin Princeville made our vacation! When you enter their beautiful, tropical lobby - you see right out to the gorgeous pool and cabana area- you know that you have arrived. Our studio villa was lovely - full size refrigerator, microwave and even a tiny dishwasher - huge bed and lovely big tub. The room also has a washer and dryer making it very convient for a week long stay. We were situated on the golf course that rolls down to the ocean. We enjoyed the Hawaiian geese and roosters' morning and evening visits right up to our patio. You may take a complimentry shuttle to the sister resort, the St. Regis and enjoy their beach and amenities as well. Princeville is the "quiet side" of the Island and we loved it!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This is the perfect getaway for someone who wants some R&R in Kauai. Located about 45 minutes from the Lihue Airport, the traffic up to the Westin depends on who's driving on the single lane highway.

Once up in Princeville, you will notice the lush green surroundings and the huge fountain that greets you.

The Westin is among other homes and condos in Princeville and is the first property off to the right in Princeville.

We didn't get a view in our room but we did get upgraded to a full kitchen (it wasn't too useful for us traveling as a couple but if you are traveling as a young family this would have been great.)

Rooms:
The rooms are quite nice, very spacious, separate bath and shower, double sinks, 2 televisions (one in the bedroom and the other in the living room), formal dining table, kitchen island, room chaise and couch.

Property:
Really pretty property with multiple pools and jacuzzis, we never felt like the place was inundated with people either. Enjoyed using their pools and jacuzzis on different nights and it was a perfect way to end the day.

St. Regis
The westin does not have its own beach access but we drove to the st. regis (complimentary valet) which was not a problem. I mean you can't go to your room to shower immediately but it's less than 2 mile drive to get back to the Westin. You also get some discounts at the St. Regis (including the spa and we indulged in some lomi lomi treatments that were quite nice and relaxing).

Overall the Westin Princeville was a pleasurable stay and we would recommend it!

Room Tip: Try to request a room with a view as th property is huge, ours didn't have one and we still enjo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
WestinPrinceville, Manager at Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

Aloha! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice to hear that you were able to experience some rest in relaxation while staying with us. We are fortunate that we are located on 20 acres and the property is spread out nicely. Our guests do not need to compete for a quiet place to relax or for lounge chairs near one of our pools. The spacious villas also provide that tranquil escape where you can refresh during the day or relax each evening in your Heavenly bed. We look forward to welcome you back to the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas and mahalo once again for your personal message.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Hotel is beautiful, nice rooms with kitchen and washer/ dryer. You aren't on the beach but you a view and can take a shuttle to st. Regis.

• Stayed: October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas? Share your experiences!