We stayed here for 6 nights from late September through early October for our honeymoom. We paid $125/night (bid on Priceline) and thought it was excellent value for that price. Our room was a studio. We loved that we had a fully stocked kitchen, including a full-sized refrigerator, a great coffee pot, a dishwasher, and a washer and dryer. For three of our six nights, we grilled fish purchased at the Hanalei Dolphin Fish Market on the Westin's awesome grills. The grills are new, propane, and they are cleaned everyday. The kitchen has all the grill tools that you need.
Every morning, we made coffee in the coffee pot. Housekeeping even restocked our coffee so we never had to purchase any from the hotel store. We loved the dual shower heads. The washer and dryer was so handy to wash our wet and sandy beach towels and clothes. I really didn't even notice that we didn't have an ocean view from our room, or that the hotel wasn't right on the beach. Honestly, if you come to Kauai and never leave the resort, I think you are missing out.
We ventured over to the St. Regis and enjoyed a late afternoon in the beach side lounge chairs. The view really is incredible, but man, those cocktails are like $15 each! We found the Westin's happy hour prices were very reasonable, and we found the pool side cocktail servers to be very attentive.
We had no problems with unruly kids, but I'm guessing that is partly because we were there in an off-season. Most guests seemed to be in the 40-60s.
You should know that bed in the studio is a queen. If you want a king, you'll need to upgrade to a 1 bedroom.
Other than the fact that we didn't get to sleep in a king sized bed, I have no complaints about this hotel. I loved having a kitchen, laundry, and access to grills. I'd definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai, Hawaii