I had stayed three days in Poipu before coming up to Princeville for another three days. I had reserved a private condo, which, upon arriving, was not at advertised and we couldn't stay there. One one hour's notice there weren't too many options in the Princeville area, and the St Regis was beyond my budget, so we ended up at the Westin on a AAA rate which I found quite reasonable for a resort villa place. (It was comparable to the 2-bd full ocean view ocean view condo previously reserved.)
I was traveling with my mother and while we had not done any research on the Westin ahead of time we were pleasantly surprised throughout our stay. Though we are not big swimming/tanning people, the free facilities over at St. Regis were awesome and very convenient, so we went to the beach every day. The pool at the Westin was lovely and we went there every day also.
We had a free breakfast buffet every day since we volunteered to pass up the daily towel change (we had more than enough as it was). The buffet is ordinarily $20 which I thought was still a good value considering that it was a resort and it was quite nice, plenty of options. The staff was all very friendly and they helped us with dinner options and booking a helicopter tour from the Princeville airport.
My room was on the ground floor, facing the ocean, so I had a full view of the ocean beyond the golf course. Chickens and geese were always around but noise was never an issue. The kitchen had all the dishes/utensils, full size refrigerator and even a tiny dishwasher. Washer/dryer in the room was also helpful. After checkout at 10 we had a full day to kill before our flight, so they encouraged us to continue to use the beach/pool and reserve a "hospitality room" for 45 mins to clean up and get organized for the flight.
All in all a great experience for less than I would have expected, and I ended up getting pretty much everything I would have in the condo, plus the ease of using the St. Regis. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai, Hawaii