We swapped our time share 'time' on Maui for Kauai for a change this year and so glad we did. Some comparisons n similaritie between the 2 - Everything on Maui is bigger, more populated and faster paced than Kauai including the resort. Kauai (not Maui) comes with chickens/roosters that cock-a-doodle doo pretty much round the clock which we found amusing. Each have beautiful views - Kauai is more organic, relaxed and low key where Maui is more 'commercialized'. The accomodations are the same. Maui has more dining options, more TV screens at the bar/grill, Kauai has a bar/food comes from the main restaurant. Kauai is quieter, fewer kids/families and the average age of couples is over 40. I was surprised how many kids were at the Maui resort, poolside - kids don't stay at the kiddie pool...it's for really small kids I guess. The BBQ grills on Kauai are numerous and in top shape - the resort is only about 4 years new and everything looks it. We didn't take the shuttle in Kauai to the St Regis (beach or dining). We heard you can see an incredible sunset from there. On Maui, sunsets are part of the nightly routine - the Westin on Kauai faces NE so no sunsets. We really enjoyed Kauai - our 3rd floor suite was comfortable, had an ocean view past the gorgeous landscaping and the edgeless pool at 'the cliffs' was picture perfect. Kauai isn't as sunny as Maui so we didn't bake for 6-8 hours/day which was kind of nice actually. We've decided on the best of both worlds - alternating islands each year. We missed being able to walk down to the beach to snorkle (Maui) and it's a little or longer drive to dinner on Kauai if we didn't BBQ. On Maui, the shuttle to Kaanapali is so convenient and there are so many restaurants to choose from with larger menus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai, Hawaii