We arrived at night and the entrance and lights are beautiful. The property felt warm and welcoming. But I was disappointed that the hotel didn't have the wow factor. My friends had warned me that the hotel is nice, clean and has beautiful green areas... But it is not a luxurious, wow kind of place. They had recommended the grand Hyatt in Poipu for part of our trip but it was booked the whole time we were on the island... So we took a day trip down there just to check it out and enjoyed a delicious meal there. And it is amazing. Gorgeous. With tons of pools and a salt water lagoon too. And you can hear the waves and go to the beach. Here at the westin princeville.... You can see the ocean from the cliffs pool but we're pretty high up so you cant hear the waves. You definitely need to see the st regis though. It has absolutely amazing views. Like wowowowowow. You can take the westin shuttle there or just drive and valet.... There's no fee to valet..... Just tip. The Bali hai view is really stunning. That's why we stayed on the north shore. For these green lush verdant mountains. It truly is breathtaking. We came in May and it only rained for maybe 30 minutes while we were here and just sprinkled here and there. Mostly sunny and very warm. It almost felt sunny like the south side of the island. And although the westin is not a wow kind of hotel.... It is clean. Updated and pleasant to look at. The kitchens have granite and stainless steel fridge and the soft yellow painted walls lend a welcoming feel. The pools are beautifully maintained and have gorgeous black rocks around them and some with waterfall features..., which I love the sounds of the waterfalls. So soothing. Some of the other properties around here.... Wyndham and others look a bit tired... At least from the outside. Hanalei farmers market on Saturdays are awesome. The longan fruit was almost out of season ... But was sooo delicious. Wish I had bought more since the main market food land didn't have it. Oh, and the organic market in hanalei has good sandwiches and smoothies. A very small version of a whole foods market. Definitely come and enjoy the north side of the island. If you want wow... Stay at the st regis on the north side or for wow on the south side.... Then the grand Hyatt Poipu. If you want quiet, mellow, and nice with the occasional meal in or at the BBQ then the westin princeville is for you. Mahalo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai, Hawaii