Just returned from a 7 night stay at the Westin Princeville. Lovely property! Grounds are immaculate and our 1 bedroom unit plus 1 bed lock off unit were ideal for our family of 4. The kitchen is quite nice with stainless appliances and granite. We stay at Westin's every year and did miss the use of an oven in this unit. But that being said... it was a very minor issue to get around. Although not beachfront we did hike down the small trail to the east of the resort to the beach one morning. The pools were great. Love the condo resort feel. Always a treat to have pool service with drinks and food available. The parking was super easy although at night we did have to use the parking garage if we returned late. LOVED the use of the St. Regis! We went 3 times... used the car valet and enjoyed the beach, drinks, and watching the sunset. The resort is just a short drive to Princeville Center and 10 minutes to Hanalei. We only had one day of pretty marginal weather - the other days were ideal with bright sunshine and passing clouds. Enjoyed paddle boarding, kayaking, golf, hiking all within in minutes.
I never heard any other guests in their rooms, mainly heard the roosters crowing us awake every morning about 5:30 am! The biggest problem is we had virtually no cell service at the resort. We had to stand on our deck with hopes of making phone calls. We were traveling with a large group that were staying in various places so communication was pretty essential. Of course the internet worked great so no problems there.
We have had the option at other resorts to personally know that our unopened food will be donated to local homeless shelters. My kids have liked be able to put those food items in a box/pantry knowing that will help a local family that may not be as fortunate as us. I didn't see that as an option at this resort. Maybe a suggestion if possible.
As owners in the Starwood Network we did opt to do a quick review of our ownership for extra bonus points. Our rep was very professional, knew we were pleased with our exchange and got us in and out quickly! I'd give the Westin an A+ on this property. Can't wait to return! Mahalo Westin!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai, Hawaii