Stayed in an ocean/golf course view room onvrhe first floor. The mosquitos made it impossible to sit out in the patio in the morning and evening as we were bitten numerous times. The rooms are standard Westin timeshare rooms but the floors were dirty, the woodwork paint was peeling, the air conditioning and refrigerator motors were loud. The beds, as in most Westins, we're outstanding and comfortable. As noted in other reviews, the knives were dull and the neighboring rooms noise was disturbing. There are no beaches in walking distance unless you want to go down steep hillsides off-property but the views from this cliff side resort were breathtaking. The pools were warm and large enough to handle the guests and we never had a problem getting lounges. The kids pool should stay open longer and the pool bar should be placed better (it is located in an out of the way corner) to enjoy the view and have a drink and a TV ball game. They would probably triple their sales of drinks and snacks if this were the case. Groceries should be purchased at Costco in Lihue or Safeway in Kapaa. The Foodland is close but prices are higher and the place was always packed with people. There are plenty of grills on the property, some with outstanding views of the coastline. Unfortunately, Lihue is about an hour drive away on the two-Lane road to Princeville.
We enjoyed our stay but our previous stays at the Westin Ocean in Maui was much better as it is closer to restaurants, the beach and the property feels and looks better maintained and modern. The staff here was very nice except for a bellman who tried to tell us that the large tip given to the employee who unloaded our vehicle of luggage was not shared with him. He had his hand out for more but we told him to work it out with the first bellman.
The property is nice, relaxing and the surrounding area is "old Hawaii style" but we probably won't be back as the Maui property is far superior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai, Hawaii