We went to Kauai for our first vacation with our new baby spending 3 days on the south shore and 3 days on the north shore at the St. Regis. The St. Regis location is absolutely breathtaking, Hanalei Bay and the mountains are one of the most beautiful places on earth- the views are mesmorizing.
Unfortunately at check-in our Ocean View Suite was not ready. I had a crying baby who needed a diaper change and to be fed and finally had to ask someone for somewhere to take care of him. They begrudgingly agreed to let us use a "hospitality room" so I wasn't changing a diaper in the middle of the lobby. This room was horrendous. I don't know how many people had used this room but the sheets were rumpled, towels and soaps used in the bathrooms. It was so icky we decided to put the baby back in the car and go into Hanalei rather than wait in that room or the lobby. Upon returning to the hotel, our room was still not ready- so annoying so we went down to the pool.
When we were finally able to check into our Ocean View Suite, the views were awesome but the room itself was a bit of a let down. Last year I stayed in a standard ocean view room and found the layout to be too narrow and the bedroom in the Suite was the same. There is a large dining and living room area, which was nice and spacious but almost too big. It was missing a powder room. The most awkward part of the room was the bathroom which had 2 doors- one in the bedroom and one right by the front door. And no separate WC for the toilet either. Also, with such a view, you really wish for a balcony.
Another big negative during our stay was a large group staying at the hotel for a wedding. At first it was sort of amusing (enter drunk lady rambling through the chaise lounges by the pool screaming "CONCIERGE! ALOHA!." A few hours later, while trying to relax by the pool and enjoy the ocean view, it was annoying. I think the large group really wore everyone out and some staff were maybe not as friendly as they were the year before.
We found the food to be ok- nothing was amazing but nothing was bad. The lady who delivered our breakfast every morning was a real downer- I don't know why they chose her to interact with customers. She was so grumpy!
Best part besides the view was a Lomi Lomi massage I had at the spa. It's not the most beautiful spa, but the therapist was awesome!
While the views from the beach are awesome, the south shore is much better for swimming in the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 2006 AAA Four Diamond Hotel Award winner, Hawaii's St. Regis Princeville Resort offers 23 idyllic acres for rest and play. Luxurious dining, spa, swimming, and golf on the northern shore of Kauai ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai, Hawaii