We just returned from a 6 day trip to Kauai and already miss it! The location is absolutely stunning and the ocean view from our room was worth the money. I agree with all the previous comments-it's a pricey hotel from the $30 a day valet parking to the $34 breakfast buffet but if you're booking the hotel, be prepared to spend money.
Breakfast at the Makena Terrace is a must when waking up to the sunrise on Hanalei Bay. When I didn't get the buffet, i enjoyed their Banana Pancakes!
We also enjoyed the Kauia Grill for my husband's birthday-it's a must to reserve a table around 6pm to get a good view of the sunset. We ordered the Swordfish and the Mahi Mahi and they were excellent!
The spa was clean and relaxing-I enjoyed my prenatal massage with Jane. My husband had a sports massage which he thought was good but still preferred the spa at the Mandarin Oriental in Vegas to the spa at the St. Regis.
While the staff was very friendly,there were a few issues with service. It took about 25 minutes after check in before our bags were delivered to our room. Also ,we initially requested a crib prior to our stay and it wasn't in our room upon check in. We talked to concierge and they assured us they would deliver.
We left for dinner and when we returned, the crib still wasn't in our room. We called again and the crib was delivered within minutes.
On our last day, we were required to checkout at 1pm, however, since our flight didn't leave until the evening, we were able to use their hospitality suite for an hour (to shower and freshen up after using the pool). The first hospitality suite they gave to us was actually someone's room so we had to wait about 15-20 minutes for another suite. There was obviously some miscommunication, but once that was resolved, we were able to use the hospitality suite for the full hour they promised.
Overall, we had a great stay at the hotel. This was our first stay at a St. Regis Property and while staff was pleasant and friendly, service wasn't what we expected it should be. That being said, the location definitely made up for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai, Hawaii