We arrived on the island early and took a leisurely drive to Princeville with our four kids. The drive was relaxing and interesting, and we were just happy to be on Kauai. When we drove up to the St. Regis, we were warmly and happily greeted by someone whose name escapes me, but he was good. He took over for us and just pointed to where we should go to check in. Every person we encountered during our stay was like he was, some more so than others. Staff are efficient and seem truly happy to be there as well as make our trip dreamy. The setting is lovely. Yes, pool is small and it is sort of barely an infinity pool. Does not look anything like the pictures we saw. Beach is full of coral and is not extremely swimmable. OK, that said, that's it for anything remotely negative. The folks working the pool area are so friendly and helpful. A Diet Coke poolside will cost you about $7, so skip it and drink the free ice water and enjoy the occasional chunks of pineapple they pass around. The views from anywhere in this resort are amazing. Decor is island-like and comfortable but gorgeous. Flowers everywhere! I wish my mother had been with me to see all the flowers...both landscaped and wild as well as grandiose arrangements throughout the interiors. The young man, Timmy ("Timothy" on his name tag but introduced himself as "Timmy") was extremely helpful and friendly, and he even remembered our names when we passed him 3 days later!! The rooms here are luxurious but not ostentatioius in my opinion. Very clean and comfortable. (However, the bathrooms have no ventilation which is extremely odd and annoying considering the humidity.) There is this cool window thing between bathroom and bed area that can be see through or not with the click of a switch! The workout room is excellent. The running is fun and challenging, especially with rain every morning! The location is so nice...away from busy-ness but near enough to small towns to be able to get to them easily. We also enjoyed hiking around the beach area. This resort is not exciting but it is not supposed to be. It is relaxing and yet has plenty to do. I would return and so would all my family members. Oh and one more thing...I had the best manicure ever at this spa. (Thanks, Mari.) There is much more I could say about this resort but I am verbose already. One more thing, there are plenty of awesome beaches within 5 minutes driving. Aloha.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 2006 AAA Four Diamond Hotel Award winner, Hawaii's St. Regis Princeville Resort offers 23 idyllic acres for rest and play. Luxurious dining, spa, swimming, and golf on the northern shore of Kauai ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai, Hawaii