- The welcome was very friendly, given us the feeling of having arrived at a true luxury destination
- Amazing, spectacular, one of a kind view on the Napali Coast
- We received a room upgrade without asking
- Our room was right next to the pool, ideal for a family with a baby, like us
- Compared to other resorts, the feel is rather intimate
- One concierge was very helpful, pointing us to sume great local restaurants
Overall, we had a great and very enjoyable stay, it did not quite live up to our expectations considering that the St Regis is considered one of the most prestigious resorts in Kauai. Here is why:
- Breakfast buffet was underwhelming
- Service quality was inconsistant: a) When I had continental breakfast I asked if it came with toast, I was told that it didn't b) Coffee was bad. Requested if I could have a stronger coffee, answer was no
- Cleanlyness: Salt and pepper shakers and coffee thermous cans were dirty / greasy
- Pool bar: I am repeatedly stunned how unapealing pool bars look in luxury resorts. This one was no exeption. The menu options were already limmitted, and they were out of stock on some of the items. The pool bar menues were greasy
- The hotel is very nice from the inside, from the outside however it is not very esthetic.
- Beach is too rocky to swim in.
- There is a 30 Dollar mandatory valet parking service for cars.
- Tipping: We have stayed in luxury resorts where a charge for tipping was included in the overall bill. In return, we did not have to keep pulling out the wallet for tips all the time, we would welcome it if this practice was emulated by other hotels in this category
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai, Hawaii