Perhaps I should say "their idea" of Afternoon Tea. The setting for this hotel is beautiful and the grounds are very nice, but we were disappointed when we booked a seating for Tea. Granted, this was Hawaii and not the English countryside, but if a hotel like the St Regis cannot offer impeccable service at the price of $39/person, then they should not offer Afternoon Tea altogether. We were encouraged to select any seat in the bar, which only had low coffee tables, along with techno music in the background. Service was spotty, and our waiter did not know what he was serving us when we asked for a description of the various sweets and savories. While the food was tasty, it came in the company of cardboard boxes right from the start, as we were told there would be a lot of food and we could box up what was not needed. Perhaps with some coaching from properties more experienced in the art of serving Tea this hotel could pull it off, but I doubt we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 2006 AAA Four Diamond Hotel Award winner, Hawaii's St. Regis Princeville Resort offers 23 idyllic acres for rest and play. Luxurious dining, spa, swimming, and golf on the northern shore of Kauai ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai, Hawaii