“You'll love this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
St. Regis Princeville Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Princeville
Carmel, Indiana, United States
“You'll love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

There isn't anything not to like about this place.....honestly. There's a rainbow on the bay every morning, the beach feels very private even when the hotel is at capacity, the butler service is amazing, food is very nice, it has all the amenities. Be sure to spend a day in a cabana on the beach enjoying all the activities and the pool. We've been here 4 days and sadly have to leave today. We are an extended family of 12 and wish we had several more days here. There's a lot to do and a lot of views to be experienced.

Stayed June 2014
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Aloha CathyR,

Mahalo for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review about your recent family getaway. Being able to spend time in such a tropical place is always a memorable experience and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with your family. We are sad to have you leave but it would be our pleasure to welcome you and your ohana (family) back to our Resort for many years to come. There is so much to do on this tiny island in the middle of the sea.

With warmest aloha,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Let me be clear about my review. The location of this hotel is stunning. The views are amazing and it is a spectacular place to relax and have great memories. However, after coming from the Trump in Waikiki where I have no words to describe the amazing service they provided I had very high expectations for this hotel since it is a St Regis and I expect the best from a St Regis hotel. That was not quite the case. Here are some details that I expected better from a St Regis:

1) I had booked an Ocean View room. Upon arrival I was informed that since I booked through FHR I had been upgrade to an "Ocean View room". Well, that was what I booked so no upgrade here. After they looked into my reservation they realized I had booked an ocean view and told they would upgrade me to a Princeville Suite but it was not available at that day. In sum, we spent 1 night at the ocean view room before they moved us to a suite. Not a big deal but a miss from St Regis. BTW, the suite had no privacy at all since we were in the same floor as the restaurant and people would be chatting in front of our window and could see everything inside our room. Thus, although we had amazing views we had to keep windows closed most of the time to have some privacy.

2) Although front lobby is amazing and views are stunning the room are in need of an update. They look dated and are ready for a facelift in my opinion. I noticed they offer different size toiletries from the regular room to the suite. Also on the suite we got extra products that were not offered in the regular room. Towels were not good quality at all. I expected extra large comfortable towels in my bathroom but that was not the case. BTW, we were told that by moving to a suite we would get a butler. We never heard of ours so I cannot review the service :(

3) Breakfast was good but not what I expected for a St Regis. There were no fruit juices at all. On the first day I asked for a cappuccino and my wife asked for a fruit smoothie and we were charged almost $20 for both. What???? Again, coming from Trump Waikiki everything we asked from a extended menu was free. I mean, it was "included" in the room rate they were charging us. Why the St Regis has to penny pincher? When you are paying $600 plus for a hotel room just don't charge for a cappuccino.

4) Coming from the Trump I was used to be offered a beach bag every time I was going out with my family dressed like we were going to the beach. It was an insulated beach bag including beach towels, cold water bottles, fresh fruit and sunscreen. At the St Regis we had to ask for towels before our car arrived. We then had to ask for bottles of water. Again, St Regis could learn from Trump and be proactive instead of waiting for us to ask.

Overall, it was a great stay but I was expecting way more from a St Regis.

Room Tip: This place is all about the view. Thus, get an ocean view room or better.
4 Thank Santastico
Aloha Santastico,

Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience with us about your recent stay at our Resort. We apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Our staff takes great pride in being able to provide the most bespoke service possible and we should have recognized your type of booking before stating incorrect information about your room type. I have shared your review with our Director of Operations regarding the Valet service and Butler Service. We apologize that they did not perform up to our normal standards and we have addressed our staff on anticipating our guests needs.
We hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality for which the St. Regis brand is known.

San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our family just returned from a trip to Kauai where we spent 6 days in Poipu and 2 days in Princeville at the St. Regis Resort. All I can say is "wow", in every way for the St. Regis. The service was outstanding and not stuffy, the property location and layout was spectacular and the view from our room was from some movie! It was definitely a splurge, especially compared to renting a condo like we did in Poipu, but our family will treasure the memory for a lifetime. From Shawn, checking us in, to Phylo the bellman, to the concierge staff, pool attendants, restaurant people- all were gracious and friendly. We really did not want to leave. Aloha!

1 Thank rapster58
Montgomery, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My friend and I splurged and stayed at St. Regis for 2 nights rather than a less expensive hotel for 4 nights. It was worth every cent. The view from St. Regis across Hanalei Bay towards "Bali Hai" (northwest corner of island, NaPali Coast) is so spectacular and by staying at St. Regis, you see it from sunrise to sunset, each time of day spectacular. The hotel was luxurious, every need and desire anticipated and provided for. They even gave us a leather picture frame as a thank you for staying there. The restaurant was what one would expect at a 5 star hotel - outstanding food, terrace environment, superb service. Overall, our stay at St. Regis seemed like 2 days in paradise

Room Tip: Try to find a discount through AAA, AARP or government.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Aloha Kaneira,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent getaway to our Resort. Being able to spend time here is an experience in its self and the views of Hanalei Bay our absolutely breathtaking. Mother nature truly took her time when creating our island of Kauai. It would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Camarillo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a comfortably large room with a good size bathroom. The room was located on a lower floor to enjoy outdoor table and chairs with an easy walk to the beach and pool. The view was still very good even being at ground level. Lunch was very poor and the drinks terrible and over priced. Therefore we went into town for meals. On the plane home we met a women who said the dinner and breakfast meals were excellent. Now I wish we would have tried their signature restaurant. So, just skip the lunch - everything else though was very nice. Just be prepared to walk a distance from the lobby to get to your room.

Room Tip: It looked like many of the higher rooms didn't have balconies but had nicer views. I was very ha...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Aloha LoriP,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our Resort. We appreciate your feedback and apologize that your lunch was not satisfactory. I have shared your comments with our Bar and Grill manager in hopes that we may improve for future guests. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our hospitality and visit our restaurants for other options.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel and it's surroundings are breathtaking. The picture of the view from the lobby terrace is now the screen saver on my computer and everyone asks me if it is a real picture or if I downloaded it from somewhere! Words can't describe and pictures don't do it justice! Believe the hype and all of the reviews! One warning - the hotel is very secluded and on the complete opposite side of the island (25-30 mins) than where most restaurants and activities (i.e snorkeling, surfing, sailing etc.) happen but if you are ok with that this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had heard the St. Regis in Princeville, Hawaii was fabulous in every regard and we found it does not disappoint. The view facing Hanalei Bay is breathtaking. Eating meals on the Makana Terrace overlooking the ocean is gorgeous and having a rainbow appear took it beyond words. The staff is attentive and natural. You are made to feel at home. The breakfast buffet has variety and quality. Nightly, the sommelier performs a champagne saber uncorking which is quite entertaining. Rooms are spacious. The grounds are beautiful. Snorkeling at Pu'u Po'a beach at the St. Regis is enjoyable. I can't say enough good things about our stay at this property. We can't wait until we are able to return.

Room Tip: Be sure to book ocean view; there is no better view on the planet.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Aloha retucket,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our Resort. We are pleased to hear your stay was exceptional and that you enjoyed all the island has to offer. Hearing feedback from guest such as you is one of the many reasons our staff takes great pride in working for the St. Regis brand. It would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back soon.

With warmest aloha,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Kauai Beach Resort
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort
Hanalei Bay Resort
#1 of 4 in Princeville
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,675 reviews

Been to St. Regis Princeville Resort? Share your experiences!