“Can't Get Much Better”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Princeville
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Can't Get Much Better”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is well worth the money, I can't imagine service being any better anywhere. My wife and I stayed here for our 1 year anniversary and we were made to feel very special. They went out of their way at any chance to provide the best service possible. From check in to check out we were impressed. Not to mention the views and the hotel are absolutely beautiful.

Room Tip: stayed in room 410, great views of mountain/waterfall(s) and the bay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dustin M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I couldn't imagine a nicer setting. The beach is beautiful, the facilities look new, and the staff was outstanding. We had an incredible first three days at the St. Regis.

However, we were staying in a room with a door connecting to the adjacent room. Halfway through our stay, the adjacent room became occupied, and we could hear everything the people were saying, even when they weren't talking loud. And when they stayed up with five or six people in their room, we could not sleep due to the noise. We alerted the front desk, and they sent security after 30 minutes.

They moved us the next day, thankfully. But it was clear that the staff were already very aware of this problem, what with the thin walls and the badly sound-proofed doors. The lady at the front desk just nodded as if she's heard this many times before.

The room we were moved into was damp from a large spill, so we were not able to move in until 8 pm the next night. This is after they told us it would be ready by 3. Then by 5. And when we finally got in, it smelled so strongly of chemical cleaners that my wife didn't sleep all night with a terrible headache.

Additionally, the toilet was running and the safe was not functional. The manager did correct the first problem but did not address the second.

It's clear that the facilities have 1.) a lack of soundproofing from room to room and 2.) a leak problem from the refrigerators (we noticed an ugly discoloration in front of our first refrigerator as well). The staff appear to know about these issues but are not able to address them properly, perhaps due to management instructions.

The manager did comp us two nights (the two that we didn't get any sleep) but for a six-day stay with two terrible nights that seemed like the bare minimum they could do for such serious problems.

We will not be staying here again and I highly recommend that you ask about the issues mentioned above should you decide to consider staying here. It's too bad -- the location is very hard to beat.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, make sure not to get a room with a door leading to an adjacent room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jeff C
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Aloha Jeff C,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about recent stay at our Resort. We apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. We take all feedback very serious and I have shared your experience with our Director of Operations in hopes that we may improve on our level of service and quality of rooms. Hearing feedback from our guests allow us to improve and if you would like to discuss your experience with us in more detail please contact , Mr. Alberto Pirozzini at alberto.pirozzini@stregis.com. We look forward to discussing your stay and we hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality for which the St. Regis brand is known.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We are a family of 5. 2 adults and 3 kids ages 13, 7 & 5. My husband I stayed in this hotel on our honeymoon and it made a it made a
Lasting Impression on us. We decided we wanted them to stay here but it runs around $500 a night. Here's what we did and I hope it can help others. We have good credit and my husband and I each got an Amex SPG card w 25k point bonus if u spend 5k in 3 months. A free night in princeville is 30k points. We charged everything on this card and in 3 months easily had enough for 2 free nights. Over the next 6 months we accumulated enough for a 3rd free night. Amex spg let's u transfer between accounts for free so we combined our points for night 3. We paid for the last night but still got a discount for AAA. We reserved a room w 2 queen beds. It also had a small sofa on which my 5 year old slept. it was perfect for the 5 of us. We pushed it against the wall so she wouldn't fall and asked for extra sheets w which to cover it. This hotel is a once in a lifetime experience (twice for us!). The view you get from the pool is just WOW. the pool is WOW. everything about this hotel is WOW.

we considered having breakfast there but the great looking buffet comes to over $200 for the 5 of us. Each room has a little fridge. We stopped by the Foodland in the princeville center several times and stocked up on individual chocolate milks for kids and Starbucks mochas for us. They also have a great banana bread. This was breakfast every day. We occasionally splurged on drinks and lunch in the pool but always went out for dinner at one of the great local eateries in the Princeville area.

We had a great time at the st Regis princeville, stayed 4 nights, and we didn't have to take out a second mortgage. Hope this post helps someone!!

Stayed May 2014
13 Thank C M
Aloha CM,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about your return visit. We are pleased to hear you were able to come back a second time with your entire family. Being able to revisit such a special place is memorable experience and we hope you will return again soon.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Would never stay anywhere on Kauai except the picturesque north shore, and after being spoiled by the St. Regis, I'm not sure if I'd ever stay at another hotel. This is the prime location on the island, right on Hanalei Bay with extraordinary views. The rooms are phenomenal and the service beyond compare; every employee of the hotel was top-notch and many knew us by name after meeting us just once. Not to be missed: Order a Lava Flow when you are sitting beachside under the lime green umbrellas -- perfection. Rent snorkeling gear at the sports shack by the pool. And eat brunch on the Terrace at the St. Regis at least once (or every day). Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Michele-with-1-L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your recent getaway to our Resort. Hearing comments from our guests such as yours is one of the many reasons our staff takes such great pride in being able to work for the St. Regis brand. We are pleased to hear your stay was exceptional and could not agree more with you about the location and beautiful surroundings of the North Shore. It would be pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Carmel, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

There isn't anything not to like about this place.....honestly. There's a rainbow on the bay every morning, the beach feels very private even when the hotel is at capacity, the butler service is amazing, food is very nice, it has all the amenities. Be sure to spend a day in a cabana on the beach enjoying all the activities and the pool. We've been here 4 days and sadly have to leave today. We are an extended family of 12 and wish we had several more days here. There's a lot to do and a lot of views to be experienced.

Stayed June 2014
Aloha CathyR,

Mahalo for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review about your recent family getaway. Being able to spend time in such a tropical place is always a memorable experience and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with your family. We are sad to have you leave but it would be our pleasure to welcome you and your ohana (family) back to our Resort for many years to come. There is so much to do on this tiny island in the middle of the sea.

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Let me be clear about my review. The location of this hotel is stunning. The views are amazing and it is a spectacular place to relax and have great memories. However, after coming from the Trump in Waikiki where I have no words to describe the amazing service they provided I had very high expectations for this hotel since it is a St Regis and I expect the best from a St Regis hotel. That was not quite the case. Here are some details that I expected better from a St Regis:

1) I had booked an Ocean View room. Upon arrival I was informed that since I booked through FHR I had been upgrade to an "Ocean View room". Well, that was what I booked so no upgrade here. After they looked into my reservation they realized I had booked an ocean view and told they would upgrade me to a Princeville Suite but it was not available at that day. In sum, we spent 1 night at the ocean view room before they moved us to a suite. Not a big deal but a miss from St Regis. BTW, the suite had no privacy at all since we were in the same floor as the restaurant and people would be chatting in front of our window and could see everything inside our room. Thus, although we had amazing views we had to keep windows closed most of the time to have some privacy.

2) Although front lobby is amazing and views are stunning the room are in need of an update. They look dated and are ready for a facelift in my opinion. I noticed they offer different size toiletries from the regular room to the suite. Also on the suite we got extra products that were not offered in the regular room. Towels were not good quality at all. I expected extra large comfortable towels in my bathroom but that was not the case. BTW, we were told that by moving to a suite we would get a butler. We never heard of ours so I cannot review the service :(

3) Breakfast was good but not what I expected for a St Regis. There were no fruit juices at all. On the first day I asked for a cappuccino and my wife asked for a fruit smoothie and we were charged almost $20 for both. What???? Again, coming from Trump Waikiki everything we asked from a extended menu was free. I mean, it was "included" in the room rate they were charging us. Why the St Regis has to penny pincher? When you are paying $600 plus for a hotel room just don't charge for a cappuccino.

4) Coming from the Trump I was used to be offered a beach bag every time I was going out with my family dressed like we were going to the beach. It was an insulated beach bag including beach towels, cold water bottles, fresh fruit and sunscreen. At the St Regis we had to ask for towels before our car arrived. We then had to ask for bottles of water. Again, St Regis could learn from Trump and be proactive instead of waiting for us to ask.

Overall, it was a great stay but I was expecting way more from a St Regis.

Room Tip: This place is all about the view. Thus, get an ocean view room or better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Santastico
Aloha Santastico,

Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience with us about your recent stay at our Resort. We apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Our staff takes great pride in being able to provide the most bespoke service possible and we should have recognized your type of booking before stating incorrect information about your room type. I have shared your review with our Director of Operations regarding the Valet service and Butler Service. We apologize that they did not perform up to our normal standards and we have addressed our staff on anticipating our guests needs.
We hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality for which the St. Regis brand is known.

San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our family just returned from a trip to Kauai where we spent 6 days in Poipu and 2 days in Princeville at the St. Regis Resort. All I can say is "wow", in every way for the St. Regis. The service was outstanding and not stuffy, the property location and layout was spectacular and the view from our room was from some movie! It was definitely a splurge, especially compared to renting a condo like we did in Poipu, but our family will treasure the memory for a lifetime. From Shawn, checking us in, to Phylo the bellman, to the concierge staff, pool attendants, restaurant people- all were gracious and friendly. We really did not want to leave. Aloha!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rapster58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Kauai Beach Resort
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort
Hanalei Bay Resort
#1 of 4 in Princeville
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,709 reviews

Been to St. Regis Princeville Resort? Share your experiences!