The views from this hotel are absolutely stunning. I think we had the most gorgeous outlook I've ever had from any hotel suite anywhere.
The lobby is also very attractive, with the same sensational views onto the bay and the mountains - I never tired of looking at this.
I accept that many couples come here on honeymoon and have a wonderful stay but for us it was a long way from perfect.
Although it's a good resort hotel, it simply isn't a top luxury resort, despite what other reviewers might suggest. As a family, we stay in lots of superb places and we're used to the best. What distinguishes the very best in luxury hotels from other very good/ good ones is consistency and quality - two elements missing for the St Regis Princeville, especially in terms of food, restaurants, and service.
Breakfast food quality, range and service was mediocre at best. Several of the staff were frankly sullen, bordering on rude. Other wait staff worked hard to compensate and were extremely pleasant and helpful, so it's a mixed bag.
The signature restaurant is nothing of the sort. Décor and layout - really unappealing. There is absolutely nothing high-end or special about it. I actually had to go back to my room and change as our butler had made this big deal about the formality of the restaurant and when we showed up it was nothing of the sort - the couple in front walked in wearing shorts and flip-flops! I don't mind casual when the restaurant is flagged that way. But equally if you have a dress-code (which they suggested) then ENFORCE it!
Service was mixed everywhere. Some staff were very laid-back, almost disinterested. Others were really excellent and on a par with the best staff anywhere - including all the valets and poolside staff we met.
Finally, food quality on this island generally is poor. A couple of recommendations we got from the concierge were awful (do not go to The Tavern. A noise-filled canteen. The worst meal I have ever had in the States. Inedible).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai, Hawaii