Hotels.com
  • Pool
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas(Princeville)
Hanalei Bay Resort(Princeville)
Hotels.com
Wyndham Shearwater(Princeville)
Ali'i Kai Resort(Princeville)
3,051 results
All reviewskauai grillbutler servicemakana terracepacific dream photographyfour seasonsjunior suitepool beachour honeymoonchampagne saberinggreen marblelobby barturn down servicean ocean view roomgrand hyatthotel is beautifulsushiamazing location
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First let me say this is a great property in a great location. The sunsets and rainbows were outstanding. Unfortunately, rooms are dated and the air conditioning was an issue during our stay. Despite moving us to another room, we had inconsistent performance from the HVAC system. There are also things like water features in the lobby area that have been drained for repair and, according to staff, it’s been that way “a long time”.

I was tempted to rate this property 3 stars with all of my HVAC frustrations but the staff did try their best to try and make accommodations. Also, the staff at the Pool/Beach area was five star all the way so, I’m rounding this back up to 4 stars.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brad C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The rooms are slightly dated, but the natural beauty all around is worth the visit. The staff is very friendly. I would not depend on the concierge to book your excursions - better off booking yourself.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Patricia H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This property is one of the most beautiful settings I have ever stayed at. The rooms do need some updating, especially the bathrooms. It was odd I never got really hot water except when we were departing and I had to shower at 4am. The concierge staff was probably the best I’ve ever encountered, Minda went above and beyond and Gloria was so nice as well.
Check in was pleasant, didn’t get an SPG gold upgrade but it went quickly.
The spa and treatment were excellent BUT those were the highest prices I’ve ever paid and I visit expensive spas frequently.
The food was high end resort quality and priced accordingly.
I would definitely stay here again.
We saw 2 weddings and they looked beautiful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nilesm0m
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a return visit to our favorite place to visit in Hawaii. They have a young lady that won the best mai tai award in Hawaii. My wife makes her own at home and she just loved this rendition. I highly recommend trying it. The property is just a outstanding place to relax and enjoy all it has to offer.

Room Tip: Partial to full ocean view. This also gives you a view of the mountains which are majestic.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Leilani76
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

PROS:
The grounds of the Saint Regis are lovely. It is a quiet, peaceful property. The views are spectacular.

The breakfast buffet is well stocked with a selection of fresh squeezed juices and smoothies, even kombucha. The omelet station has a nice selection of options and fresh salsas on the side if you desire. Clarified butter is used instead of oil, a plus in my opinion. There is even a small tapas type section with olives, cheeses, meats, dates. Coffee was good.

Bedding is comfortable.

Windows opened and screens were in.

CONS:
Property is very outdated. Carpeting outside of elevators on room levels is torn and warn out. There are smudges on the walls leading to the rooms. New carpeting and paint is in order at a minimum.

Our toilet was dirty/soiled, literally the whole outside of bowl from the floor to the top edge…this is not acceptable at any hotel especially at a resort like the Saint Regis. The shower/tub area was in need of new grouting.

June calendar of events: Poorly written, for example: On the back A culinary taste of Hawaii is advertised. It mentions a weekly cocktail and chocolate tasting…We could not figure out where and when this event occurs, it should clearly give date/time.

Saint Regis bar nightly entertainment was enjoyable. I was disappointed to feel pressure from the wait staff to order more, and then felt rushed after we said that we did not want anything else, we wanted to sit and enjoy the music after eating.

In addition to the room rate you pay both a daily resort fee and a parking fee.

No balconies or place to sit and enjoy the view…we lingered one morning at breakfast to have a place to enjoy the view and felt rushed by the staff to leave since we were done eating.

The staff at the front desk made it seem like the traditional champagne sabering at sunset was a must do. We found it very disappointing, and they do not even give out the champagne to the guests in attendance.

Overall the Saint Regis Princeville is in need of a major renovation and their staff needs training.

If we were not upgraded to a nicer room due to our status I would consider giving this property a 2 considering value for dollar.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ann C
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Aloha AnnC,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your Makana Terrace buffet as well as our beautiful property. We take all feedback very serious and we apologize that the rest of your stay was below expectations as this is not the St. Regis standard. We have shared your review with our Management staff and we are looking into the condition of our guestroom and the communication shared about our activities throughout the property. We are pleased to let you know we are currently working on upcoming improvements throughout the property and we hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate all of our improvements.

With warmest aloha,