I read the reviews about the St Regis getting renovated recently and was a little nervous about what I'd find when we arrived for our honeymoon. But this place is AWESOME. I'd recommend this place to any honeymooner or couple. The good and bad points:
-Views are spectacular. Kauai's north shore is gorgeous, and the St. Regis faces one of the best waterfalls in the distance. A 3000 ft fall
-Location is ideal for hiking, snorkeling, kayaking, hidden beaches, diving, and the best pictures you'll ever take.
-The St Regis beach and pool are beautiful
-Rooms have huge tv's (not that you're inside much)
-Beds and pillows are very comfortable
-Butlers and concierges are great. Very friendly and eager to help.
-Turndown service was great at first, but got lazy the longer we stayed there. One night we even had to ask the front desk to send them up, as we'd seen the room still messed up on a quick trip back from dinner. The attitude of the girls cleaning the room seemed a little on the smartass side.
-Drinks are WAYY overpriced and STINGY on the alcohol. Even by Vegas standards, it's overpriced. 2 pina coladas? $30. Stupid, considering drinks are less than 1/2 that price and better down the street. If drinks were priced normally, I probably would have ordered four times as many, but the sticker shock of the first ones scared me off. Management needs a lesson in marketing.
-Food....again, WAYY overpriced and stingy on portions.
Overall, the positives far outweighed any negatives. I'd definitely stay here again. Just don't waste your money at the restaurant (the Makana Terrace) or at the bar. If you're looking for pampering and don't mind paying for it, this is your place. If you want the same views, location, activities, etc but don't want to pay so much? I'd say look at the smaller places in Hanalei.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai, Hawaii