In short, we loved our stay at the St. Regis Princeville and will definitely be back.
Location could not have been any better. Hanalei Bay is awesome but just saying that doesn't do the location justice. The resort begins on the cliffs and builds down to finish on the beach with the best sunsets on the island.
Room was perfect. We stayed in room 104 (one of the rooms with a first floor terrace) and it was absolutely the perfect room for a couple with a 2.5 year old. The ground level outdoor access to the pool and beach was invaluable. Having the outdoor balcony for the two hours each afternoon our daughter napped meant we could continue to enjoy our day with cocktails and relaxation on the terrace while she napped.
Even knowing Jean-Georges is the executive chef (meaning we had very high expectations going in), the food was even better than our expectations. We are foodies and have eaten at some of the nicest restaurants in the world...every course at the Kauai Grill was amazing.
What can I say about the staff...hard to do them justice. As just one example, one of the poolside guys took the time to show my 2 year old daughter a chameleon. To some that might not sound like much...to my daughter and myself it means everything. We've been away from the resort for two weeks now but my daughter still mentions the "chameleon man" every day. The valets were also amazing at making us feel at home both at the resort and the island (they made great concierges themselves). The gentleman that ran the daycare facility was incredible...in fact, it was the first time my wife has been willing to leave our daughter with a baby sitter we hadn't already known for years.
The only unfortunate thing about the stay is that we were so spoiled by everything at the St. Regis that nothing else in Hawaii will ever compare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai, Hawaii