“E-mail sent to General Manager about recent stay.”

St. Regis Princeville Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Princeville
Minnesota
“E-mail sent to General Manager about recent stay.”
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Mr. Sgarbi,
Our one night at the St. Regis was simply wonderful. We have travelled to many places and I do not think I have ever seen a prettier view from our hotel room. It was magical. Our time was too short and we know we will have to make plans for a longer stay. The service was terrific and your entire staff was charming and helpful. My compliments, for a job well done. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston
Reviewed 30 November 2010

My wife and I stayed here for one night during our recent trip to Kauai. It was a bit of a treat to ourselves to stay in such a high end hotel. I booked online and got a better deal on a garden room than was available by calling the hotel. The hotel followed up by phone before our visit to ask if we had any special requests for our trip and if they could help with any reservations or advice about the area, which was helpful. On arrival, service was top class. They upgraded our room to an ocean view room which was really lovely. We spent some time on the beach by the hotel which was not huge but lovely. We had a great meal on the terrace, with outstanding Ahi in particular. Overall, a superb experience at St. Regis.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 November 2010

In short, we loved our stay at the St. Regis Princeville and will definitely be back.

Location could not have been any better. Hanalei Bay is awesome but just saying that doesn't do the location justice. The resort begins on the cliffs and builds down to finish on the beach with the best sunsets on the island.

Room was perfect. We stayed in room 104 (one of the rooms with a first floor terrace) and it was absolutely the perfect room for a couple with a 2.5 year old. The ground level outdoor access to the pool and beach was invaluable. Having the outdoor balcony for the two hours each afternoon our daughter napped meant we could continue to enjoy our day with cocktails and relaxation on the terrace while she napped.

Even knowing Jean-Georges is the executive chef (meaning we had very high expectations going in), the food was even better than our expectations. We are foodies and have eaten at some of the nicest restaurants in the world...every course at the Kauai Grill was amazing.

What can I say about the staff...hard to do them justice. As just one example, one of the poolside guys took the time to show my 2 year old daughter a chameleon. To some that might not sound like much...to my daughter and myself it means everything. We've been away from the resort for two weeks now but my daughter still mentions the "chameleon man" every day. The valets were also amazing at making us feel at home both at the resort and the island (they made great concierges themselves). The gentleman that ran the daycare facility was incredible...in fact, it was the first time my wife has been willing to leave our daughter with a baby sitter we hadn't already known for years.

The only unfortunate thing about the stay is that we were so spoiled by everything at the St. Regis that nothing else in Hawaii will ever compare.

1 Thank caazmark
Reviewed 30 November 2010

My wife and I stayed at the St. Regis Princeville for our 6th anniversary after deciding that each year of marriage we'd save enough money to make one "dream trip" every year... we have been all over the world and BY FAR, the St Regis and the island of Kauai are our new favorite! Kauai is beautiful and full of outdoorsy activities to keep you busy. The St Regis has their own private beach, but you can walk all the way to Hanalei Bay if you follow the coast and dont mind a small river crossing. The pool and servers are great, prices are very fair for this type of place, and the views are definitely the best on the north shore. The only complaints I heard from anyone was that it was not kid friendly... however, the hotel DOES have a childcare center on property, and I'd say it's obvious most 5-Star places in Hawaii cater to more couples/adults. There is a great Westin right up the road if you are looking for more of a family vacation spot, and Westin guests are allowed to use the beach area at the St Regis. All of the staff from Thierry, Seth, Pei, Jose, Darcy, and on and on were wonderful, welcoming, and helpful when planning activities. I could not give a stronger recommendation, worth EVERY penny!

Arizona
Reviewed 30 November 2010

We stayed two nights over Thanksgiving weekend with our 5 yr old. The lobby is on the 9th floor, we stayed in a Garden Level Mountain View which was room 719 (7th floor) and overlooked the infinity pool and mountains and part view of ocean. And felt like on 7th floor. Everyone was so nice to our 5 yr old. At the hotel the concierge area has free DVD movie check out, we rented Jurassic Park, knowing it was filmed on the island of Kauai. Throughout the week (Sun-Thur) at 2pm they have free surfboarding lessons in the pool, which our 5 yr old did. The bay outside the resort, also is shallow enough to walk out and then there are canyons where there are a ton of fish. (The most fish was found snorkeling around other areas of the Island). My favorite activity was getting a coffee and fresh pastry and sitting on the bar deck overlooking the bay and watching the local surfers. At night seeing the moon over the ocean was also amazing to see it reflex. (We stayed a couple nights at the Marriot Kauai - also nice for kids, but you don't get the romance of the moon, the infinity pool, etc... They also have three hot tubs, one in the infinity pool, two on the outside and one 1/2 foot to 1-1/2 foot pool for even smaller toddlers. Also have a chest of sand toys for their beach. Even for couples that is a nice place to relax and oversee the ocean. The room have nice wide flat screen TV, with stereo and DVD. Would definitely stay there again. Beautiful place to stay and comfortable beds. Use the free wireless internet in the lobby, easy to get on to. Also we did the valet parking only a few dollars difference. Pool side restaurant good for kids meals, but only open until 5:30 pm or go in town to Bubba Hamburgers excellent food there too.

1 Thank ArizonaAZ1
nyc
Reviewed 29 November 2010

The St. Regis was the last of three hotels on our visit to the islands this year, our luxe ending to an amazing trip.

First let me start out by extolling the many virtues of this beautiful place:

Most importantly, St. Regis is situated in what has to be one of the most breathtaking spots in all of the islands. The beauty of Hanalei Bay is so wistfully exquisite it could bring tears to your eyes.

Our room was truly over the top and the last word in comfort: gorgeous upscale beach-y decor, with every bell and whistle you could think of in terms of amenities and entertainment. Huge flat screen television, individual cup coffee maker, ipod docking station, a selection of complimentary DVDs available, and a plush, blissful bed. Our room even had a 'lei' hook--a neat solution to the typical scenario of leis strewn over desks, chairs, etc. The tasteful marble bathroom too, was state of the art, and replete with Remedie toileties. Oh, and our view out to the ocean and mountains was glorious!

The rest of the hotel's interiors--corridors, lobby, and bar were elegantly done, trending towards formal, tempered by serene open spaces and views everywhere you looked--the expansive lobby had sweeping wraparound views of the mountains and ocean. Daily Hawaiiana activities looked inviting, and the one we sampled, introduction to surfing, was well run and a lot of fun.

The pool and beach vicinity was lush and beautifully landscaped with an eye towards integration with the tropical feel of the area--cleanly done, but harmoniously--not in an overly manicured, English garden kind of way. The huge, refreshing, free-form infinity pool and cozy jacuzzi were surrounded by rocks and flora. This whole area was so pleasing aesthetically and the views of Hanalei Bay so perfect, I wish we could have enjoyed more time relaxing here.

The open air Makena Terrace served up spectacular views and delicious, artfully presented, dishes at both the breakfasts and dinners we took.

The golf course, I'm told by my boyfriend, was world class, and boasted the most beautiful vistas he could ever have imagined--a truly one of a kind course.

The resort's magazine was informative, beautifully photographed, and entertaining. We got so much out of it that we brought it home with us!

Our chief concern was the service, which didn't seem cohesive from person to person at the resort. Everyone felt like they were doing a job in their own little universe, and it ran the gamut from overly formal to amateurish, and everywhere in between. Suffice it to say, it is not at the level of a Four Seasons. It could even learn a thing or two from The Royal Hawaiian, one of its sister properties in Waikiki.

Yet I'm inclined to think (hopefully) that they are still ironing out the wrinkles, having been re-opened for just about a year. I would have to be a complete grouch not to have appreciated this gorgeous hotel with its breathtaking property and many other charms. I would love to return. In my opinion, no other resort property on the island can hold a candle to the St. Regis Princeville.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 27 November 2010

I've wanted to stay at this place the last year since it opened and we finally got our chance, we stayed in the presidential suite and oh my God unreal!

I wanted to move in, the service was great they made us a special Thanksgiving dinner that we ate on our balcony. The room was huge and the view was the best on the island. I will go back but I don't know how I could ever out do this trip.

1 Thank fourseasonslover
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Koloa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort
Hanalei Bay Resort
#1 of 4 in Princeville

Been to St. Regis Princeville Resort? Share your experiences!