“Good food and service, but”

Nanea Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Nanea Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Price range: US$1 - US$50
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Romantic, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ka Haku Road
Description: Welcome to Nanea Restaurant and Bar our focus on unique, fresh, local ingredients allows us to create dishes inspired by Hawaiian, Asian and Modern American cusines. Join us for a relaxing evening at Nanea!
San Francisco
“Good food and service, but”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Halloween 2013 - our first night ever in Hawaii and on time for our reservation. We comply with the 'please wait to be seated' sign, along with others. for ten minutes so we can get to one of the empty tables. Not a good start but things got better when our server showed up. We shared two things - watermelon poki and crusted ahi and loved the tasty food. Not a single sign of Halloween anywhere though and while we ate we watched a sad scene unfold in front of us: the pool being drained and barricaded for several days of maintenance.

Trabuco Canyon, California
“Slow service, limited menu”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We were able to be seated with just a 10 minute wait and no reservation but service was a little slow. My husbands dinner arrived at the table and it was a few minutes before our server noticed that my meal had not been brought out at the same time. She then brought it out (it was a salad so it was not still being cooked) but with no noticeable apology.

Visited November 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Great place for lunch & dinner”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Ate here twice and both times is was great! At lunch I had the short rib loco moco and it was probaly one of the best loco mocos I've had. I took my parents out to dinner here one night and it was so delicious. My mom had the mahi with a garlic preperation she said it was one of the best pieces of mahi she ever had. I had the demi entree which allowed you to try to different entrees. We got a bottle of expensive wine for half off which was a great deal. All of the servers were extremely friendly and helpful with suggestions. I would recommend to anyone but get a reservation if you want to sit outside.

Kapaa, Hawaii, United States
“Risotto, flat bread, seafood bruchetta, Li hi mui lemon drop”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Dined at Nanea Restaurant a couple of weeks ago with two girlfriends for drinks and pupus. Everything about the meal from top to bottom was impressive. The Risotto was done to perfection. Perfectly flavored and just enough Hamakua Mushrooms. The flat bread is something new to their menu. It has arugla and proscuitto, very tasty. Lastly we had the seafood bruchetta, incredible! So much flavor! I also want to give a huge mahalo to David our server, he was well informed about his menu and offered his favorites. I also want to give kudos to the bartender who made our Li hi mui Lemon drops. It was intricate and you could definetley tell thought was put into the presentation. Definetly not your typical "hotel" resturant experience.

San Diego, California
“OK But still a Hotel Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Dined their while staying in Princeville. The whole experience was just average. My wife and I shared the Ahi appetizer, which was decent but left us wanting more. I ordered the Ribeye which was extremely overcooked and lacked flavor.

Dessert was not very good, when paying that much I expect desserts to be created in house which I do not think these were.

Service we good but the whole mean just left us wanting more. I recommend eating outside, we had dinner inside and it was so bright that we felt like we were "on display" all night.

Go down to Hanalei if you are in Princeville, or either of the restaurant at the St. Regis (But be ready to pay big bucks if you go there)

• Visited September 2013