In need of some R & R, we returned to stay at the Makai Club Cottages and was very impressed at the renovations: granite counters, flat-screen TVs in both bedrooms and the living room, beautiful new furnishings throughout, soothing color pallette on the walls, new carpetings and appliances, etc. There is no A/C but there are ceiling fans. The tradewinds provide a nice breeze. Oddly the showers and toilet areas do not have shower doors or pocket doors but there is a main door for the bathroom area. Overall, Wyndham seems to has done a great job managing the Makai Club Cottages and bringing it back to Gold Crown status. MCC is a small resort with a very small pool and clubhouse but guests have access to the nearby Wyndham-managed Bali Hai, Kai eo Kai, and The Shearwater timeshare resorts. Our family likes MCC best because it's like a home away from home: 2,000 sq. ft. free-standing cottages with two very large master bedrooms (two king beds) and adjoining master bathrooms, a spacious living room with dining area, good size kitchen, separate laundry room, and two lanais. The developers of Princeville originally lived here with their families. The resort is small and quiet (except for the roosters in the morning). We prefer these cottages to the other multi-story Wyndham timeshares even though they have the larger pools and tennis courts. Staff is friendly. Check-in is at Kai eo Kai and you can borrow DVDs for free. Foodland is just minutes away but they are a bit pricey. It's best to stock up at Costco in Lihue and Safeway in Kapaa. We look forward to returning to MCC for more R&R.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makai Club Resort is the perfect setting for both a cozy romantic getaway or a relaxing golf vacation. Located on a beautiful tropical hillside, alongside the championship Makai Golf Course, the Makai Club Resort is truly the perfect place to begin your Hawaiian island adventure. Nicknamed the “Garden Isle,” Kauai is often said to be the most beautiful Hawaiian Island. There is certainly something to be said about Kauai’s North Shore, which is home to incredible sunsets, rich tropical foliage, and the breathtaking expanse of the Pacific Ocean stretching out to the horizon. The Makai Club Resort welcomes you to experience with us the natural beauty and adventure that we have enjoyed for so long on the island of Kauai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Makai Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Makai Club Hotel Princeville
- Makai Club Resort Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii