Five of us shared a 2 bedroom cottage at the Makai Club. The cottage itself was great. It was very large with 2 master bedrooms, each with a separate changing area and very nice, modern bathroom with a shower with dual shower heads. The kitchen was a nice size and had all the amenities plus a table large enough to seat all of us. The main room was very large with comfortable seating for 8 people and vaulted ceilings. The room had a sofa bed where one of our party slept. The main room and both bedrooms had flat screen TVs. There was also a large deck. We were extremely happy with the cottage. It was very spacious and had everything we needed and was quite cheap for the space. There was no a/c but the breeze kept it quite cool.
Our main complaints were about the staff and noise levels. First, the clubhouse is closed so we had to check in at one of the other Wyndham properties. They were unable to give us our parking pass or our "welcome package" for some reason and told us to find the staff person at the pool at the Makai Club. This person was nowhere to be found and the staff at the Makai Club told us to go back to the other resort. I called and got more run around and we didn't get the parking pass until almost when we left and never got the "welcome package." They are also stingy with the coffee and detergent for the washing machines. We were told that the detergent was provided but they just give you a starter package and won't refill it.
Our first morning, we got a call at 8 am, waking up our entire party, to see if we wanted to go to the "island orientation" breakfast. Well, we hadn't gone because we wanted to sleep in past 8 am! Then there were maintenance workers cutting grass and weed whacking for the entire day- it was impossible to relax and read or take a nap with all of the noise! The next morning, we were woken up around 8 am by the noise of a ton of people at the pool (literally right in front of our condo) who had gathered for an island orientation breakfast. Then the presentation started and staff were singing South Pacific songs and screaming "ALOHA!" at the top of their lungs! At 8:30 am on a Saturday morning about 50 feet from our bedroom windows! Staff was not helpful at all when we spoke to them after the presentation about the noise level nor were they helpful when we called the management. Management said they would call us back later and never returned our call although they managed to call us and bug us about taking a property tour. We also learned that maintenance equipment was stored underneath our cottage so we had to deal with that noise as well.
Although the cottage itself was great I would not recommend staying here due to the unhelpful staff and high noise levels. The pool was also tiny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makai Club Resort is the perfect setting for both a cozy romantic getaway or a relaxing golf vacation. Located on a beautiful tropical hillside, alongside the championship Makai Golf Course, the Makai Club Resort is truly the perfect place to begin your Hawaiian island adventure. Nicknamed the “Garden Isle,” Kauai is often said to be the most beautiful Hawaiian Island. There is certainly something to be said about Kauai’s North Shore, which is home to incredible sunsets, rich tropical foliage, and the breathtaking expanse of the Pacific Ocean stretching out to the horizon. Please note a Daily Resort Fee of $15 plus tax will be collect at time of booking. The Makai Club Resort welcomes you to experience with us the natural beauty and adventure that we have enjoyed for so long on the island of Kauai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Makai Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Makai Club Hotel Princeville
- Makai Club Resort Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii