My husband and I spent a week here for our anniversary. It was far away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Lihue. Very quiet...except for the roosters which did not bother us at all. (By the way, the roosters are all over the island so if you prefer the sound of gunshots, ambulances, and police sirens...you may want to stay in a big city. Princeville is more rural. The staff was courteous and helpful. The one bedroom had everything that we needed. Full kitchen with appliances, dishes, etc,and washer dryer in bathroom. The one bedroom did have a/c as well as ceiling fans. Nice shower but no bathtub. Flat screen TV in the living area and bedroom although you will probably not spend much time inside because there is so much to do on the island. It is beautiful. If you decide to stay here, let the staff help you with car rental and activities, You will save a whole lot more money with the discounts they can get. Food on the island is pricey. I shop at Whole Foods and Earthfare in Alabama (which I think are a bit pricey) but here the organic food stores were about 50% higher so be prepared for that. Shop around. prices can vary widely. I bought some spices and I saw then priced from $7 to $14 in different places on the island. The pool was small and there is no fitness center but you have access to larger pools and fitness center on the other Wyndham properties within blocks of this place. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makai Club Resort is the perfect setting for both a cozy romantic getaway or a relaxing golf vacation. Located on a beautiful tropical hillside, alongside the championship Makai Golf Course, the Makai Club is truly the perfect place to begin your Hawaiian island adventure.Nicknamed the “Garden Isle,” Kauai is often said to be the most beautiful Hawaiian Island. There is certainly something to be said about Kauai’s North Shore, which is home to incredible sunsets, rich tropical foliage, and the breathtaking expanse of the Pacific Ocean stretching out to the horizon. The Makai Club resort welcomes you to experience with us the natural beauty and adventure that we have enjoyed for so long on the island of Kauai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Makai Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Makai Club Hotel Princeville
- Makai Club Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii