To be clear, there are the two bedroom cottages which I was a resident at and there are the condos that are reviewed on this property too .I stayed for a week during the recent tropical storm providing us with a little extra rain and wind towards the latter part of my week long stay. I had called ahead of my arrival and requested a couple of specific cottages out and away from the pool area after reading the reviews here on TA. Turns out any of the outlying cottages would be just as nice as the unit (302) that I had. Our unit was on the golf course, exposed to the breeze all day long, but was still very hot during my stay. There is no a/c or the review would have been a five-star rating. These units are not your typical condos, rather they are one level apartments separate from one another with 5 exits to go out. They are very lovely units with furnishings you might expect anywhere in Hawaii. They included 3 large and new HD TVs, wifi with nice coverage except on the lanai and a nice kitchen nicely appointed except for a large cooking pot. But upon request, one was delivered to us with 5 minutes of the call to the desk-which by the way is at another location. But communication is good between the two locales. My only concern was our first evening there, we were totally shocked to see out of the corner of my eye, the largest cockroach I had ever seen. It was nearly the size of the sample lotion or shampoo bottles that are stocked in each cottage. Over the course of the next three hours I killed 9 more of them running around the unit, but nearly all in the bathrooms. I called to ask what was to be done about them, was informed that during the time of great rain, they make their appearance. I was given a can of spray for them. I applied the spray along the baseboards and over the top of the master shower that coincidentally, I noticed a huge hole in the drywall when standing on a chair. The spray kept them at bay for one full day and then made their reappearance the day after. While I am assuming everyone has this problem, it was still a bit disconcerting to have them staying without sharing the cost of the unit with us.
The master shower is large enough for two people to be in and have their own private shower head which was a nice feature, but it would be wise to shower one at a time as the water pressure of the unit is not too great to have more than one item turned on at a time. I would absolutely recommend this property with the reservation of if you are travelling with someone who might be a bit squeamish of rather large bugs, then you probably should look elsewhere for your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makai Club Resort is the perfect setting for both a cozy romantic getaway or a relaxing golf vacation. Located on a beautiful tropical hillside, alongside the championship Makai Golf Course, the Makai Club Resort is truly the perfect place to begin your Hawaiian island adventure. Nicknamed the “Garden Isle,” Kauai is often said to be the most beautiful Hawaiian Island. There is certainly something to be said about Kauai’s North Shore, which is home to incredible sunsets, rich tropical foliage, and the breathtaking expanse of the Pacific Ocean stretching out to the horizon. The Makai Club Resort welcomes you to experience with us the natural beauty and adventure that we have enjoyed for so long on the island of Kauai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Makai Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Makai Club Hotel Princeville
- Makai Club Resort Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii