“Great attention but not very creative”
Review of Kauai Grill

Kauai Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kauai Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Kauai Grill is a comfortable yet elegant hideaway with sweeping views of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. The seasonal menu is composed of a wide selection of hand-crafted dishes created from flavors found here on the Garden Island of Kauai with the highest quality of meats and freshest local fish available. Simply grilled preparations accompanied by bold condiments anchor the Kauai Grill experience at The St. Regis Resort Princeville.
Reviewed 31 December 2013

If you've been to a Jean-George restaurant in New York you'll be pretty disappointed with the Kauai Grill but then the Kauai restaurant just has the Jean-George name and not his attention or invention.
The service staff was excellent, very attentive and they did suggest the specialties to us. The crab cakes were mushy and tasteless and the pepper jelly so overpowered the octopus dish, all we could taste was the pepper. The rest of the meal was OK but no WOW factor. And so I can say, yes, we had a meal at the Kauai Grill and no, we'll probably not go back for another try.

There are newer reviews for Kauai Grill

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Very good Sunday Brunch at the St Regis, would suggest you try it. Large selection of food, Prime Rib, King Crab Legs, Shrimp. Nice Kids Station

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We made reservations for our 30th anniversary over 6 months in advance. I specifically asked for a window seat. 1st negative impression; we did not get our window seat, We were seated in the middle of the room. 2nd negative impression; the noise level was so high that we could not have a conversation unless we were right in each other's ear. 3rd negative impression; I ordered the octopus appetizer, it was overdone and very chewy. My wife's tomato soup was tasty but only on the warm side, not very hot. Why can't restaurants serve warm rolls or buns? It's not that hard. The rolls were not warm. My Ahi Tuna was crusted in pepper, but overly crusted. A slight dusting would have been better. The waiter was attentive, but busy with other tables. For the price, I would recommend someplace else.

3  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Excellent service, excellent view, excellent view - I had a hamachi appetizer that melts in your mouth, a fish special for dinner that was cooked perfectly, my fiancé had the peppered steak, which was a tad bit too seasoned for his preference but delicious

1  Thank Trinity L
Reviewed 18 December 2013

As a retired executive chef, I looked forward to this one. I was sadly disappointed. The Jean-George menu lacked inspiration. We anticipated the menu prices, but expected to be wowed by the pairings menu. I have had much better prix fixe menus for half the price. Do yourself a favor and pass on the grill in favor of the bar. Our evening there was delightful with the same view, terrific sashimi platters and imaginative cocktails. The service was better and more attentive in the bar as well. Sorry J-G, I won't be back to the Kauai Grill.

3  Thank Airchef