“Come early for a window seat!”
Review of Kauai Grill

Kauai Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kauai Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Kauai Grill is a comfortable yet elegant hideaway with sweeping views of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. The seasonal menu is composed of a wide selection of hand-crafted dishes created from flavors found here on the Garden Island of Kauai with the highest quality of meats and freshest local fish available. Simply grilled preparations accompanied by bold condiments anchor the Kauai Grill experience at The St. Regis Resort Princeville.
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Like any other aspect of the hotel, the restaurant is blessed with a gorgeous view. Come before sunset, though, or you will miss the show. I ordered the tasting menu and much to my surprise, many of the dishes were identical to what we had had here several years ago. I can't imagine that being very exciting for anyone involved! Of the seven or so courses, I really liked the Macnut-crusted tuna, molasses short-rib (cut it with your tongue tender), Heart of Palm salad with thyme-infused oil, and the salted caramel ice cream dessert. My one big gripe is the exorbitantly-priced wine list. Hawaiian markups are typically quite reasonable, but KG's beat those found in NYC locations: some I spotted were in excess 200-300%, and that is for high-end bottles.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I went here on our honeymoon, knowing we would be splurging, but we expected more. Having both worked in fine dining restaurants ourselves, we felt the service was very stiff (although we did hear other servers interacting much more with their customers, so it may have just been our particular server). The food was good overall- I had the mahi and it was excellent, but my husband's steak was dry. The appetizers were also very good (salmon sashimi, beef tartar, & crispy poached eggs). The cocktails were excellent - probably the best part! Our recommendation (and plan should we return) is to get drinks/apps early and experience the sunset, then go to another restaurant for dinner...

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at St. Regis Hotel and were excited about dining at Kauai Grill after reading all positive reviews. We were extremely disappointed at the service, ambience and quality of food and thought that it was ordinary at best.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were fortunate to have a window table and could see the most spectacular view of Hanalei Bay. Surfers, paddle boards and a group of Hawaiian monk seals were part of the scenery, finished by a brilliant sunset. The meal could be the best dinner we have ever had - Sashimi duo appetizer - wow!! Still want more of that - Heart of Palm salad - sounds simple tasted complex, Crispy poached eggs - wow! All of our meal start to finish was fantastic.

1  Thank Carolyn Swartz S
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It was our 32nd Wedding anniversary and was wanting a nice place to have dinner. Asking around from the locals, the Kauai Grill at St. Regis kept coming up. The restaurant seemed a little dated but the food, service, and view of the sunset over the ocean was great. It was on the pricey side but worth it for the occasion.