“Beautiful View and Good Lunch”
Review of The Tavern - CLOSED

The Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect as this is the same owner of Roy's. Our party was pleasantly surprised. We stopped off here for lunch on our way back from the North Shore. The calamari appetizer was really amazing and the popcorn they give you while you are waiting everyone seemed to love. Our waiter was really good however, they were severly understaffed and I felt he was doing the best he could. I had the grilled ham and cheese with tomato soup, which I really enjoyed. My grandmother had the meatloaf sandwich and raved about it. I certainly think it's worth the visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I got the impression the Tavern was on the swanky side. I'll get right to it. The food was so so and the service not so. I would not go out of my way to make the trip back.

As with these reviews on restaurants go some have better luck than others. I just know we had lunch there twice during out 12 days in Princeville and both times were the same.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had Mehijiki (similar to swordfish) and short ribs for dinner, and both we excellent. My Mehijiki was one of the best fish entrees I've had in a long time. The cocktail menu is very interesting, and I really enjoyed a basil/ginger/cucumber margarita - really refreshing and great flavors. Our service was great, and yes, the ambience is limited - the building is under construction and will eventually be the entryway to a golf course complex. I recommend it. Ask if large parties will be there if you call for reservations because the staff is limited, and it may affect service.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

It's not that the food is bad or the service is slow. This is simply not a very good place to enjoy a meal. The setting is very basic. The acoustics are horrible with the sound level approaching uncomfortable. The food is always just OK. Nothing special at all. We have now eaten here 4-5 times and every time the experience is the same. The menu continues to be quite limited and repetitive. Wine choices are, as well, limited. Service varies with whom is serving you and reflects the number of patrons eating at that time. Princeville dining choices are not abundent. Thus, I am sure we will on occasion return to this restaurant. We just won't expect much when we go.

1  Thank robfd
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is great restaurant for a nice quick dinner, the food is of great quality, but the menu is limited.