“Yum!!”
Review of The Tavern - CLOSED

The Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I ate here on our last night on the North Shore in May. We had a reservation for 6:30. The views from the restaurant across the golf course are beautiful. The restaurant itself is quite boring inside, but it takes advantage of the views with large windows and no obstructions. He had the bacon burger and I had the parmesan-crusted mahi mahi. Both were delicious! One of our favorite meals on the island! Definitely recommend The Tavern!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We played golf at the Prince course and then decided to stay on for dinner. Saw the most beautiful sunset over the water and the course. Service was excellent. Clientele ranged from families to people in their golf gear like us. Very relaxed and friendly. I ordered the ribs and they were fabulous, sweet tasty and falling off the bone, my husband had the scampi and half my ribs! Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had never been to this place before, but went there on our last night on Kauai. The place was packed and we got to see a nice sunset. We have eaten in a lot of nice places in Hawaii but this was one of our best meals ever. The fresh Mahi Mahi was melt-in-your-mouth. We place to eat here every time we come to Kauai.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had the burger and the grilled veggies. Both were very tasty and worked well to trade off half way through. The views across the golf course are excellent. It's worth a bit of a wait to get a good window seat.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Well, it was an experience. Way too LOUD!!! Way too long for food too arrive.. over an hour for the entrees. However....the food was indeed excellent.. Service was about average. Great views of the golf course and Bali Hai. The baby back ribs and fresh Mahi were wonderful, but I just don't think this is the place for a family or romantic dinner. With the guys after a round of golf, this is a great place to hang... Wish the atmosphere was better