The Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went for the 4pm-5pm happy hour menu, and it was better than we expected. I had the flatbread, and my husband had the calamari, both above average, and what we expected.

The drinks, WOW! I usually don't do fruity drinks, but their's were really good. Not too sweet, and the right blend of sweet/sour/booze. I wish I remeber the name of the one I had, it's one of their signature rum drinks....an no, no umbrella, which is fine with me. Best of all they were only $8, a real bargin for anywhere on Kauai.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were staying in Princeville and wanted to eat somewhere close by. The Tavern didn't disappoint. Very friendly service, no reservation required (it was a Tuesday night) and food was delicious. I had the ribs served with a cheesy mash (yummy) and my husband had the fish special, I think it was mahi mahi. For dessert we shared the banana crepes but couldn't finish it. The scenery over the Prince golf course is just breathtaking.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We went here on Father's Day, not knowing we should have made a reservation. Thankfully the bar had seating. We took a table over hat had just left. We waited about 10 mins and the waiters came to poor us water, but I had to tell her the the stuff on the table was not ours. She apologized and cleaned the table. She gave us wAter glasses but it took another 10 mins or so to get water. It also took along time to get menus. We finally got menus and ordered. It was very pricey. We paid $19 for my husbands burger and I got the mac and cheese as I read it had good reviews. I was not impressed with the mac and cheese, very bland and not much cheese. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to others and wouldn't go back which is surprising as I usually don't have a bad thing to say when eating out. The location was beautiful over looking the ocean.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Roy's Tavern in Princeville has $4.00 craft beers and affordable appetizers every day from 4-5pm. Located on the Prince golf course, it has large windows with sweeping views of the course. Service is good and the happy hour menu of beer, drinks and appetizers are satisfying. The french fries are particularly good--crispy and seasoned nicely. The humus is also a good choice.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I were there just recently and we really had two marvelous meals! We went for lunch both days and loved everything we got! He got a hamburger one day and loved it; thought the French fries were especially special and he is VERY picky about his FF! His hamburger was thick and cooked perfectly. I got the BLT w/avocados-it was divine. We also got the top shelf margaritas. Very good; I had the grapefruit margarita the first day and wasn't as crazy about that- just personal preference I guess.
One of the days I got one of the flatbreads; VERY GOOD. And I guess I have jetlag b/c I cannot remember what my husband got the first day, but I do know it was very good.
I'm sort of worried that when we return to Kauai we will want to go back here everyday :)
Dianne B