“Very good meal for lunch...”

Lotus Garden Chinese & Thai Cusine
Ranked #17 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stopped by for lunch one day on our way to Kee 'e Beach (do not miss this drive, BTW) and grabbed a bit to eat. My son and I eat at Frederico's Mexican (separate review) while my other son and wife when to the Lotus Garden.

They ordered pot stickers and chicken lo mein. When their made-to-order lunch was ready, a very pleasant woman brought out the plates while we sat outside under a covered roof and listed to some live entertainment.

There was plenty of food for both of them to share. As it turned out, my wife REALLY liked my carne asada lunch from Frederico's and traded a bit of Lotus Garden food for some taco. I thought the lo mein was very fresh and tasty. The pot stickers looked home made and were also very good. They have a very large menu and other items we saw go by looked equally delicious.

4 of us (2 adults a 17 and a 12 year old) shared 2 meals (one from Frederico's and one from Lotus Garden) and it was plenty. That makes lunch at this little shopping are a great value. We all agreed to come back for another meal during our trip!

1  Thank Coach_Lange

Reviewed 26 July 2013

So many good meals on this menu, it was so hard to narrow it down. My kids and I loved everything we chose. The lady at the counter was excellent, as it was very busy. Outside seating within the outdoor shopping market, clean and basic. Still a nice setting as locals and tourists come here. There is also a Mexican place next door with the same quality and price structure so you can decide when you get here. So much better value than a lot of other places on Kauai, I wish we had found this place earlier in our trip. Casual dinning, affordable, fresh and quality, clean and basic.

3  Thank Caron T
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

I'm usually very forgiving of Thai and Chinese food, but these 2 dishes were awful. The noodles were uncooked and stir fry tasted like it was out of a can. I suspect we ordered the wrong things. I'm not going to give up, I think the curries might be a better choice. Avoid the pad Thai !

2  Thank Maybeperhaps
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Yummy and spicy seafood pineapple rice. Spring rolls good too. Pass on the Pad Thai. Nice to sit outside and eat or takeout

1  Thank bctravelpeeps
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is located with several other restaurants in a food court style environment where the dining is all outdoors. We went for lunch on a week-day and was also treated to some live music. I got the panang curry and my husband got the won-ton soup. The curry was very tasty, however the soup was bland and not enough stuff in it. The price was very reasonable.

1  Thank lzfowler