We enjoyed our 3 night stay in Sealodge J3. The unit is not luxurious, but it is practical. We were plenty comfortable there. Our small lanai had a gorgeous view of the ocean. Our living room had a view of the ocean, the coast, the lighthouse and the golf course.
The breeze was pretty strong while we were there, so the unit was cool without any air-conditioning. Unfortunately, it was too breezy to do my studying outside. I wanted to sleep with the windows open, but I didn't feel safe that way since this was the ground floor. We did manage to secure a couple windows with a small opening. I loved listening to the waves overnight.
We did not cook, but used the refrigerator, dishes and dishwasher. Nothing great, but we found what we needed. There was plenty of dishwasher detergent, soap, and paper towels. We also used the clothes washer and dryer. There was soap for 3 loads, I believe. The dryer was very noisy and needed a new lint screen, but it worked!
The bathroom is small. The shower curtain had mildew on it. That is not a deal breaker for me because my shower curtain occasionally gets mildew here in Houston. An item like that probably needs to be replaced at least a couple times a year, and washed often since this place is rented out.
Don't expect luxurious furniture, towels, etc. But like I said, it was all practical or functional. The bed and furniture were comfortable enough. The decor was beach and Hawaiian. There were guide books which are very helpful. There were games, if you have time to stay in. But we were busy driving out to beaches and meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breath taking views. 1 Bedroom 1 bath with a sleeper sofa. Sleeps 4. The unit has recently been updated with new kitchen and bathroom granite counter tops, new appliances, fresh paint , tv and much more. You will not be disappointed. Sealodge beach is a 5 minute walk down the hill. Swim, snorkel, and watch whales from your private patio. Historic Hanalei town is just a 10 minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Sealodge at Princeville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sealodge At Princeville Hotel Princeville
- Sealodge Kauai
- Sealodge At Princeville Kauai, Hawaii