Sealodge at Princeville
US$857
US$801
US$354
Orbitz.com
Plantation Hale Suites(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
US$256
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssealodge beachwasher and dryerthe kitchenliving roomnorth shoresecluded beachbeach towelsthe cliffwatch the sunriseahh alohaguest booksnorkel gearhear the wavesflights of stairsthe ground floorwindows open at nightbbq area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed at Sealodge H4 in December. The unit was recently remodled with granite counter tops and new kitchen cabinets. It also looks freshly painted. This Place might have the best views in Princeville. It is on a bluff with a private "Sealodge Beach" a short walk down the hill. I went to the beach several times and the did some snorkling. I saw some cool looking fish. I also could see whales breaching from the condo. The unit was clean and even had snorkle gear and boogie boards.
You will be hard pressed to find a better place for the price. Dont let the brown weathered look fool you. This complex is well maintained. My only complaint was that i wish there was a espresso maker in the unit.

Room Tip: Not all the units at Sealodge are the same. Most of the units have be updated and or remodeled. Some have not. This is the 3rd Sealodge unit I have stayed in and this is the best one by far.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John A
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here in Sealodge F4. The owners had communicated that they had updated and renovated their unit. When we walked in it was immediately apparent that they had. All the furniture looks new in a classic "island" design. The pictures on their site do it justice. The kitchen appliances, dishware, pots and pans, etc. also appeared to be new as well. The condo was spotlessly clean upon arrival. We immediately felt at home. We had been a bit nervous about renting this unit, as it's one of the least expensive at Sealodge. Instead, we were relieved to find it was in much better shape than many other condos we've stayed in. There is a bench on the Cliffside in front of the condo. We would take our cup of coffee out there in the morning, or a glass of wine at night, and stare out at the endless ocean. We saw Humpback whales on several occasions. The owners provide many suggestions for restaurants, activities, beaches, etc. which we found very helpful. We had great food, often fresh local fish, and got a great tan. We would recommend this condo for anyone who wants a wonderful island experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brad L
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We enjoyed our 3 night stay in Sealodge J3. The unit is not luxurious, but it is practical. We were plenty comfortable there. Our small lanai had a gorgeous view of the ocean. Our living room had a view of the ocean, the coast, the lighthouse and the golf course.

The breeze was pretty strong while we were there, so the unit was cool without any air-conditioning. Unfortunately, it was too breezy to do my studying outside. I wanted to sleep with the windows open, but I didn't feel safe that way since this was the ground floor. We did manage to secure a couple windows with a small opening. I loved listening to the waves overnight.

We did not cook, but used the refrigerator, dishes and dishwasher. Nothing great, but we found what we needed. There was plenty of dishwasher detergent, soap, and paper towels. We also used the clothes washer and dryer. There was soap for 3 loads, I believe. The dryer was very noisy and needed a new lint screen, but it worked!

The bathroom is small. The shower curtain had mildew on it. That is not a deal breaker for me because my shower curtain occasionally gets mildew here in Houston. An item like that probably needs to be replaced at least a couple times a year, and washed often since this place is rented out.

Don't expect luxurious furniture, towels, etc. But like I said, it was all practical or functional. The bed and furniture were comfortable enough. The decor was beach and Hawaiian. There were guide books which are very helpful. There were games, if you have time to stay in. But we were busy driving out to beaches and meals.

Room Tip: Look for a map of the property to check out the view from your unit. J3 was very close to the cliff and had a great view in 2 directions.
1  Thank Joy B
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The view and location is unbeatable for the price! I also loved having a washer and dryer in the unit, especially with all the dirty hiking clothes that seemed to accumulate. However, on the first night we found a dead gecko next to the couch with what appeared to be mop marks over its body. Also found many dead bugs all around the apt. It appeared that they had been killed by cleaning solution but never swept up, just mopped over. Then we found a live cockaroach in the bathroom. All on the first night!! We booked this condo for 5 nights and only stayed 4 because it wasnt exactly relaxing being on roach patrol. Overall, great location and views but next time, I'd pick a different unit, hopefully a cleaner one!

2  Thank JoshandLara
rob t, Owner at Sealodge at Princeville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

I'm sorry for your experience. I am quite confused? I'm not quite sure if you reviewed the correct unit. We stayed there in January and stayed 10 days. We just spent 20k updating the unit with a new granite kitchen and bathroom counters, new washer, dryer, fridge, dishwasher and new kitchen cabinets, queen size bed, ceiling fan, linens, tv and a whole lot more. We checked in and the place was spotless. We saw your review while we were on Island and checked with the management company. They said no way it could be dirty since the owner of the company also owns the cleaning company and has a great reputation. Can you confirm that you stayed in h4 and not another unit in the complex?

Rob and Cathy Thielke
Owners.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Just returned from our 2nd trip to the Sealodge condos near Princeville on Kauai. Although our condo itself was more functional than luxurious I would stay there again in a heartbeat for the exceptional views provided by the cliff top location. Just stunning!

Room Tip: Top floor of D building is quiet and private although there are a few stairs.
1  Thank marteau59