“Nice little gallery, but....”

Aloha 'n Paradise Espresso Bar
Ranked #10 of 19 things to do in Waimea
More attraction details
Owner description: Right next to the Post Office in the town of Waimea on the island of Kauai. Our building has a salmon colored exterior and inside you will find an art gallery (all local artists). Further back you will find the coffee and espresso bar, serving up the best on the island! We also have a washroom for your convenience.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've visited this gallery/cafe/internet hotspot several (7-8+) times during my 3 month stay in Waimea. They have a few cheap food options available and although I haven't tasted it, the coffee certainly smells good! On weekends, the service has always been friendly and cheerful, and I get charged $2 for wifi access on my own laptop.

On weekdays however, the woman behind the counter insists that I pay $4 for the same service, and gets pretty hostile when questioned why.

I was told by the weekend woman that it was $2 for wifi on your own device, $4 if you use one of their computers... so which is it??! I would like to keep going there, I like the setting, and on weekends at least it is a nice place to hang out. While the library is closed it's about the only place to go in Waimea for wifi. But I refuse to be treated with hostility when there seems to be confusion amongst the staff over what to charge for wifi.

Pick up your game Aloha 'n Paradise - you've left this repeat customer feeling extremely underwhelmed.

There are newer reviews for Aloha 'n Paradise Espresso Bar

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Went their twice during my stay in Waimea. Delicious coffee and wonderful people. My friend and I went to get coffee there one morning after fighting with our respective spouses. The owner, who was making our coffee, ask how our morning was going so we told her: man problems. She gave some of the most genuine and heart felt advice, and I must admit it worked. She made our morning so much better with her words of wisdom and great coffee. If you every need some caffeine and a little wisdom, stop in!

1  Thank floridabeyondusa
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I were headed up to Waimea Canyon and since we had gotten in late the night before neither of us could stop yawning. I was on the lookout for a place to get coffee and spotted the sign for espresso in Waimea. We pulled over, walked in and were greeted by Candy who knew exactly what we were after. : ) Her coffee was delicious and you can tell that she takes great pride in crafting the perfect espresso beverage for her customers. Candy is so fun to talk to! She was engaging and made us feel very welcome in her store and on the island. I highly recommend stopping here!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Candy was very interesting and got our day started with a great cup of joe and some great conversation. She knows the island well!

1  Thank Klyond
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We wanted good espresso in Waimea, and it's here in "...Paradise" -- Aloha 'n Paradise, that is. Better than the coffee alone is a great place to sit or wander around among the art while sipping. The lady who runs it is a treat. Not only was she just fun to be around, but when we were there, she did a Karaoke song for a friend who showed up with a toddler!...at about 10 AM!