I have read the reviews on tripadvisor.ca and can only say I am dissapointed of the two reviews of the people who say they had a bad stay at The Haiku Plantation Inn B&B.My wife and I spent ten glorious days ther in October 2011 . Sandy, was THE best host anyone could ask for . The breakfast was always fresh with local fruit ,some of it fresh off the trees on the property.The Avocado's were as big as a softball and so fresh, I didn't know they cold taste so good.
As far as the spectacular old house and the so called bugs, well the bugs in the room as far as I could see were little Gecko's that disapeared as soon as you turned on any source of light or when the sun came out.
It is unfortnate for the two groups of people with the poor reviews had come to stay while Sandy was away dealing with a family loss, and one of the largest storms on record had just ended after two weeks of torenchal downpoor knockig out power, internet and phone service ,which made it impossible for Sandy to contact any body or to even know people were trying to call her or the B&B .
Please read all the reviews for this B&B and you will soon understand that out of all the reviews, it can't be as bad as they say it is. AND IT IS NOT We enjoyed it so much we are hoping to spend our 45th anniversary there in February 2014.
I have in no way been soliceted to write this review. I just think the others were so wrong that I felt compelled to write this. Give this B&B a try .I am sure you won't be dissapointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui's original bed and breakfast inn, located in the beautiful North Shore and Upcountry. Historic 1870's home, lovely guest rooms with baths, 2 tropical acres, near beaches, rain forests, crater summit, and all activities. Affordable accommodations, highly rated within guide books and travel magazines. Maui's truly Hawaiian destination sharing the Aloha of Maui. Each guest room is decorated in vintage Hawaiiana style complete with white fluffy towels and complimentary bath products. Continental breakfast included,wifi,free parking. Use of beach equipment: chairs, towels, boogie boards, ice chests, umbrellas. Permit #BBPH2009/07 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui b&b
- Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Hotel Haiku
- Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed And Breakfast Hawaii