“Thanks Sandy!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Thanks Sandy!”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We come back year after year, and have never been disappointed. This redone plantation doctor's house is filled with the magic of the "real Maui".

We always meet the nicest people at this B&B.

Sandy, the owner, is a wealth of knowledge about fun things to do on the island.

Be SURE to book your stay directly with Sandy and NOT Booking.com. Booking.com incorrectly told us the Inn was sold out when there was plenty of availability.

Room Tip: Our favorite has been the Aloha room, but the Haiku room is brand new.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Nyack, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I loved staying at the H.Inn - I called it my Maui home.

Great location - easy to find, near beach, great local restaurants, Paia(cute little town with local shops and awesome organic supermarket.) Yoga and meditation center right next door w/ nice little shop.

Clean and lovely inside, I loved my cozy room, even the tropical shampoo and conditioner in the shower had the touch of Hawaii... and the beautiful porch I'd hang out on was a mini tropical paradise for emails, tea, chatting with rain-forest vegetation for the eyes to feast on.

Sandy's great, always helpful with all her native knowledge of where to go and where not to
go on the island, what to do, and what to avoid. Breakfast was delightful, eating and sharing with people from all over the world added so much flavor and warmth to my stay.

Traveling solo, I loved when I went home to the Inn, wondering what new lovely people I'd meet...
Definitely going back! And I totally recommend it.!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank caroleb246
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 18 August 2012

If you want to experience Maui Magic, this is the place. I found this quite little piece of heaven because I was looking for a reasonable place to stay while I was inspecting a home I bought on Maui. I had no idea of the treat I was in for.

Charm is not enough to say about the "Oldest B & B on Maui". The house and grounds feel like you just stepped back to the turn of the 19th Century. Wicker is everywhere, mixed with comfortable island lounge furniture. Hawaiian memorabilia is bountiful. It's kinda like "Mauiland", not the flashy kind on the Kanapali Coast but the kind that makes you feel like you live there.

Breakfast is an event, changing every day, depending on what strikes Sandy's mood. There's always fresh fruit, toast, some kind of breakfast cake, cheese, cereal, juice, milk, great coffee, tea if you desire, even an egg boiled to your taste. I like to eat so I can't say enough.

And then, there's Sandy, to whom the Inn belongs. A more charming and accommodating hostess you won't find. She just made me feel so welcome and at home.

Ned I say "I really enjoyed my unplanned vacation."

Room Tip: Ask Sandy.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CHBoyd3
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The hostess was away during the time we stayed here, but her choice of substitute was just fine. The Inn itself is a very pleasant B&B, just down the road from the Haiku market place, which has a couple of good restaurants and the Haleakala Bike Company, perhaps the best of the companies offering mountain biking. You can walk there, but the road is not particularly suitable for walking, and besides light rain showers are likely at any time of day. At the Inn, we stayed in the Haiku Suite and found it to be quite comfortable and well-appointed, although too cramped for anything other than being a place to rest and clean up (very little storage room and the shower in the bathroom is on par with those on a cruise ship). We slept well, with wide open windows being the norm. The Inn has spacious common areas and a wonderful porch (although to enjoy it I needed insect repellent to counter the little flying nasties that appear to be common to much of Maui). The grounds are very attractive and well shielded from neighbors and road noise. Breakfast is pretty basic, but quite adequate for my purposes. I would have preferred a larger selection of local fruits and juices, which we did find elsewhere on the island. Over the years we've stayed in a lot of types of B&B's and this is one of the good ones. It is not high end, nor does it claim to be, but it provides many of those kind of amenities. I would term it somewhat classic in being an older home, well-tended, lovingly decorated, and very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The Haiku Suite, being a well-ventilated corner room with its own door onto the porch, is a good cho...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JAXers
Arvada, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I agree with all other positive comments about this inn. It's beautiful, easy to find & Sandy is so kind.

Room Tip: Plumeria has a comfortable bed, plenty of room, large bathroom with separate shower stall and claw f...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LCHMLS
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife and I had a most enjoyable and relaxing stay at the Plantation Inn. The Inn is located in a quiet and secluded setting near the downtown area of Haiku. The location was convenient for us to make trips to Hana on the famous scenic route, to visit the vibrant North Central Central city of Paia, the beaches on the east coast, and to travel to the up-country areas of Makawao and Kula.

Our morning breakfasts were healthy fares and the conversations with Sandi and her other visitors were most enjoyable. We brought in our evening meals from nearby restaurants along with a bottle of wine each evening.

We highly recommend The Plantation Inn for travelers to Maui who want a quiet and convenient location to travel throughout Maui.

Ron and Loreta Rea, Houston TX

Room Tip: All three rooms are clean and nicely furnished.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RonRea
, Owner at Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Aloha everyone. I just have to say again, I have the most wonderful guests ever! Where else can you work and meet so many wonderful people. Thank you for all the kind words.
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I have read the reviews on tripadvisor.ca and can only say I am dissapointed of the two reviews of the people who say they had a bad stay at The Haiku Plantation Inn B&B.My wife and I spent ten glorious days ther in October 2011 . Sandy, was THE best host anyone could ask for . The breakfast was always fresh with local fruit ,some of it fresh off the trees on the property.The Avocado's were as big as a softball and so fresh, I didn't know they cold taste so good.
As far as the spectacular old house and the so called bugs, well the bugs in the room as far as I could see were little Gecko's that disapeared as soon as you turned on any source of light or when the sun came out.
It is unfortnate for the two groups of people with the poor reviews had come to stay while Sandy was away dealing with a family loss, and one of the largest storms on record had just ended after two weeks of torenchal downpoor knockig out power, internet and phone service ,which made it impossible for Sandy to contact any body or to even know people were trying to call her or the B&B .
Please read all the reviews for this B&B and you will soon understand that out of all the reviews, it can't be as bad as they say it is. AND IT IS NOT We enjoyed it so much we are hoping to spend our 45th anniversary there in February 2014.
I have in no way been soliceted to write this review. I just think the others were so wrong that I felt compelled to write this. Give this B&B a try .I am sure you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haiku
Travaasa Hana, Maui
#1 of 2 in Makawao
Nalu Kai Lodge
Nalu Kai Lodge
#3 of 6 in Paia

Been to Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!