This is a place that grows on you. The more you feel battered by the avalanche of tourists on Maui, the more you appreciate this island of peace. You are immersed in the Maui of olden days, and you get tons of historical information from Sandy, who appears to have seen it all. Even some of the film crew of the Descendants stayed here.
All the rooms are different, so pay attention to your needs. We stayed in the Plumeria room, light, airy, with a view of the lush garden. The bed was good, the bathroom was large, but the shower stall was old and needed to be replaced. Breakfast was OK, if disorganized and late. You basically serve yourself, but you get used to it. People who stay here are not the beach crowd type, they are more interested in the real Hawaii and enjoy discussing their discoveries. We had really pleasant discussions with other guests around the breakfast table and in the lovely living-room.
All in all, I recommend this B&B to people who like history, peace, and a beauty that comes from time. I never had any problem with the chickens even though they were around because I would much rather deal with them than overbearing tourists. Chickens were freed by the hurricane and went feral. It's the same all over the island and all over Kauai. They are now part of nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui's original bed and breakfast inn, located in the beautiful North Shore and Upcountry. Historic 1870's home, lovely guest rooms with baths, 2 tropical acres, near beaches, rain forests, crater summit, and all activities. Affordable accommodations, highly rated within guide books and travel magazines. Maui's truly Hawaiian destination sharing the Aloha of Maui. Each guest room is decorated in vintage Hawaiiana style complete with white fluffy towels and complimentary bath products. Continental breakfast included,wifi,free parking. Use of beach equipment: chairs, towels, boogie boards, ice chests, umbrellas. Permit #BBPH2009/07 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui b&b
- Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Hotel Haiku
- Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed And Breakfast Hawaii