“Stay where people live and enjoy Maui's best...”
other travellers have booked this property
Bamboo View.JPG BambooView Lanai.JPG
Kitchen Area.Bamboo
Queen Bedroom.Bamboo
Full Bedroom Window.Bamboo
bath.JPG
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MMasarech
Fairfield, CT
“Stay where people live and enjoy Maui's best micro-climate”
Reviewed 19 May 2011 for a stay in August 2010
person found this review helpful

Our family of four loved staying in Haiku. It's a bit hilly, which makes running interesting and the views lovely. It's not as hot as the southern shore. It's country-like. I ran by chickens and goats each day. The Bamboo Inn is secluded, wonderful value. Not huge but big enough. Plenty of dinner options in Haiku, Makawao, and Paia. One or two nights we made dinner in the kitchen. A short ride to Baldwin Beach. The only challenge we had was the internet connection b/c we had a few work deadlines on our vacation. The owners tried to address it, but we had to go to an internet cafe in Paia two days. I'd love to come back with our extended family and rent the entire house. Great great value.

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Möhlin; Switzerland
Reviewed 28 April 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34

Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
am3n3
Worcestershire, UK
“Everything about our stay was exemplary; can't wait to come back.”
Reviewed 12 March 2011 for a stay in January 2011
people found this review helpful

I stayed at the Bamboo View Suite with my husband & two friends for a month on a yoga holiday. From the very beginning when I inquired & made the reservation, Vicki & Tom did everything very professionally. They're always available by email or phone; they accepted credit card payments & sent out contracts with everything clearly spelled out.

The suite is tastefully decorated, with none of the tacky, pastel, aquatic-themed furniture & bedding that adorn many a Hawaiian condo. Instead, there are a few sculptures & lovely canvases from local artists hung around the house. We were greeted with a welcome hamper with teas, fruit & biscuits. Our suite had a full kitchen with fridge, microwave & dishwasher. In lieu of an oven there are two burner plates & good-sized toaster oven, and we were able to cook anything we needed during our stay with the available utensils, pots & pans. Laundry machine & dryer are around the corner from the house, but beware of the mosquitoes! If you prefer soft, pillow-top mattresses, you'll love their beds. There is plenty of closet & drawer space for long stays--I don't pack light but still managed to store everything away.

The location is in quiet, residential Haiku. The only noise you will hear are the birds in the morning & evening. It's situated down a valley so you won't hear car noise from the main road. I liked the house's proximity from Paia & Makawao, and Kahului's only 30 minutes away.

Tom & Vicki were always helpful, never intrusive. No request was ever too much trouble, and you'll see them once in a while replenishing supplies & preparing rooms for new guests. When the washing machine broke down, Tom promptly replaced it with another one the next day! During a blackout during heavy rain they came by & checked if we were OK. They were always a phone call away if they weren't on-site.

By the time I left at the end of January, all their suites were fully booked until Easter. I'm looking forward to booking my next stay in Maui with them, and have recommended them to all my friends.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Luxury-minded travelers
Kentucky
Reviewed 28 February 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Peaceful setting and impeccably clean.
Liked least: It does get dark because of location...but star gazing awaits!
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other

Oakland CA
Reviewed 20 January 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Travelling group: Family with young children
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing