“Charming Maui Cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
kitchen/dining Waterfall nearby.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
kitchen/dining
Waterfall nearby.
Hookipa Beach. Less than 10 minutes away. World class windsurfing & surfing.
Hot Tub  Pavillion
Baldwin Beach. 15 minutes away. Excellent swimming, bodysurfing and, beachcombing.
Sunset From Cottage
Bamboo Hiking Trail nearby.
Fruit Stand at entry. Guests may help themselves to fresh seasonal fruit grown on property.
State Park Nearby
Pool By Ocean
Barbque area with gas and charcoal grills.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Check-in / front desk Service
A romantic getaway Older travelers
John H
Seattle, Washington, United States
“I will definitely stay here again.”
Reviewed 18 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

John and Maggie are wonderful, gracious hosts. The cottage is located right off of Kaupakalua Road. There is a gate with a code so there is little chance of people unexpectedly driving onto the property. My brother inlaw noted this. He lived on this road for years and he said they would get random people driving into their driveway at all hours. So the gate was a real plus. In addition there is a mirror that you can use to view the road before you enter.
The cottage was very clean, well stocked and very comfortable for our family. My wife and I, and our two 20 something kids had plenty of room. The two bedrooms were spacious and the daybed out in the living room was perfect for my 21 year old son. The deck looks towards the ocean and the back of the house looks out to Kapuai o Kamehameha. King Kamehameha and his army camped in this area during their conquest of Maui. Hanzawa's store is just a few minutes away as is Haiku Town Center. I have family living in Makawao and I was able to drive there in 15 minutes. The Hana Highway is less than a few minutes away.
The listing said there was laundry available but I couldn't find a washer dryer. On the other hand I didn't ask John and Maggie either so I am sure if we had asked we would've found out. Keep in mind this is Haiku and it rained everyday at some point during our stay. We are from Seattle and didn't mind it a bit. Once the sun came up it warms right up and is beautiful.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
18 Jun 2012
The laundry area is right below the cottage.
California

Liked best: Very clean - Great location
Your age range 45-54
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Rugged travelers
redway
Reviewed 14 May 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Your age range 45-54
CA
Reviewed 9 May 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Travelling group: Family (extended)
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$145
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing