“Really Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
“Really Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife and I stayed in the "Retreat" for two weeks and loved every minute.
Extras of a salt water swimming pool and a meditation shack on a large private property were real pluses. Free fresh fruit grown on site was yummy.
The site is very central to everything, not more than an hour drive from all tourist sites.
WiFi was a must for me and worked great.
Comfortable, clean, and quiet. On site caretaker was very attentive with a wealth of information as well. We highly recommend Maui Ocean Breezes!

Room Tip: This site is really nice and far better than a hotel or condo.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gordon R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Anjali was wonderful and really made us feel at home. We were there with our three year old, and arrived tired and jetlagged from a summer abroad doing field research. Arriving at this idyllic spot, we instantly felt cozy and ready to recoup and relax. The rooms were charming and fit us extremely well. And the VIEWS. I love the film What Dreams May Come, and this little spot is as close to their vision of heaven -- and mine -- as I have ever found anywhere on earth.

Go and enjoy, and definitely do at least some of the drive to Hana. Haiku and that whole region is breathtaking.

1 Thank busymamatraveler
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ocean Breeze Retreat at Maui Ocean Breezes for our honeymoon. We did not want to stay in a very "touristy" area, but we also did not want to be far away from all the attractions-- this turned out to be the perfect location for us. We enjoyed the amount of space we had, the full kitchen and the fresh fruit. Laura, the caretaker, was very nice and helpful. We had a wonderful time and we hope to be able to go back some time in the future!

Green Features: Being environmentally-friendly is something that is very important to my husband and I-- and it was clear that Maui Ocean Breeze's embodied this lifestyle.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jess D
Kaimuki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Our family of four stayed in the cottage and we woke up to a glorious sun rising out of the ocean every morning. The property is very kid-friendly, and our kids loved to walk around the large gardens, exploring the various fruits and nature shrines all over the property, and swimming in the salt water pool. We were so happy to be able to cook most of our meals in the fully stocked kitchen and even ate outside most days! The wifi worked well, and I was able to get some work done while sitting by the pool; I also spent time in the meditation hut to get some quiet time for myself.
In all, it was relaxing and rejuvenating for the body and soul, very peaceful and quiet. We enjoyed ourselves immensely!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jasmine B
Guam, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I have been coming to Maui for 5 years now and I was able to stay at the Maui Ocean Breezes vacation rental for about 2 weeks in July 2013 at the Hibiscus Hideaway and Swaying Palms Studio with my children. I am a very private person so I was appreciative of the quiet and no one bothered me. The views are beautiful and I loved listening to the birds singing. I also enjoyed the very starry night sky as there was no light pollution. The beds were comfortable to sleep in. I have recommended this place to my friends and family. I was able to cook with their facilities and my kids also enjoyed their stay and the pool. Anjali was a pleasant and gracious host to me. She also gave me some fresh organic bananas and the limes which were great. I was very sad to leave. Hopefully I can come back soon.

1 Thank A P
Blacksburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Couldn't have had a better time in a more beautiful and relaxing location. We stayed in Hibiscus Hideaway, my wife and myself in the apt and our two 20 something daughters in the adjacent bedroom off the lanai. Maui kept us very occupied, but almost each day we tried to get back in time for a little late afternoon R&R at the pool and to enjoy the sunset... and up early enough to catch the next morning's sunrise. Our bed was very comfortable. Our daughters were mixed in their opinion... one saying she slept great, the other feeling the mattress a little soft for her taste. But, then again, she loved the meditation hut for her yoga and said she could have slept easily on one of the yoga mats on the floor.
Anjali was delightful and very helpful... we reported a minor plumbing issue one morning and it was remedied before we returned in the afternoon... and we even were treated to a jug a fresh coconut water. Having access to a boogie board, flippers and a couple of beach chairs is also a great plus being in Maui.
Friends traveling with us stayed in the separate Cottage which was just gorgeous. We may check that one out next time.... as soon as we can make it back.

Green Features: Thumbs up for making recycling and composting easy!!
1 Thank sjacobs07
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

DH and I stayed in the one br, one bath "Hibiscus Hideaway" apartment. While it is not fully detached, it was completely private and quiet even with other guests upstairs. The walls are beautifully painted with swirling ocean waves and swimming fishes. Very unique and colorful. The amount of space and layout was just perfect for the two us. We had our own covered lanai with bbq grill, table w/chairs, and fantastic ocean view. We did not miss A/C because the near constant breezes really keep the temperature very comfortable. The unit and grounds are clean and well-maintained; caretaker lives on property. Laundry shed has new machines, soap included. We never used the pool, instead we hiked streams and swam in waterfall pools. We were looking for something non-touristy and off the beaten path. Maui Ocean Breezes totally delivered. That said, be prepared to cook for yourself or drive at least 15 minutes to restaurants and shopping. We had tons of adventures along Hana Highway, each time finding new vistas, new hikes, picture perfect waterfalls, and banana bread stands. One morning, we flew powered hang-gliders out of Hana airport. Maui Ocean Breezes is a short 15 minute drive from Haleakala Bike Company. Check in time for the sunrise bike tour is 2:30am. You'll get several hours more sleep than tourists coming from the beach towns :) The owner answered all of my questions prior to booking. Customer service is outstanding; she sincerely wants you to enjoy Maui with no hassles. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: all units have a fantastic view!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AJust88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haiku
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport
Lumeria Maui Retreat
Lumeria Maui Retreat
#1 of 2 in Makawao

Been to Maui Ocean Breezes? Share your experiences!