“No thank you!”

Add it.
Maui Grown Market
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I bought the Fromms "Maui Day By Day" to use as a guideline for our trip. They reccomended Maui Grown for a great stop along the way lunch. From the moment we pulled up we were very sceptical. There were four or five dogs running in and out of the little shack! To make it worse they all looked mangy, I am pretty sure they were all strays. It took us probably 25 minutes to get our sandwich and by that point I had witnessed enough to be a little afraid to eat the food. The people who worked there treated the locals very well but I can not say they did the same for us. Overall it was probably the worst exerience we had on Maui and I would not reccomend it.

5  Thank Flavor24

Reviewed 22 September 2010

I just have to warn others. After placing our order and paying for it I opened the fridge to get a drink and a 2 inch cockroach fell out. Sandwich was covered w/ ants.Must be new owners as it was good last time but filthy this time.

5  Thank annevalex2
Reviewed 27 December 2009

We were doing the Road to Hana, and I had done some research to figure out where to pick up lunch. Decided on Maui Grown Market, since it sounded pretty quirky, and all I really wanted was a sandwich for lunch.

After driving past a few take-out lunch places in Paia, and finally arriving at Maui Grown Market, I was extremely disappointed to find it closed. It looked to me like it was closed permanently, and for sale. By this time we were long past all the places where you could buy lunch, and didn't want to back-track to Paia.

A few days later, we drove by on our way to Hookipa, and it was open.

TIP: If you plan on picking up take-out lunch for the drive to Hana, call ahead to make sure they are open.

I'm giving them 3 stars, for the benefit of the doubt