“3 Nights in paradise”
Review of Hamoa Bay Bungalow

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hana
Hamoa Bay Bungalow
Ranked #3 of 9 Hana B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Adjectives can't begin to describe this private retreat. We stayed in the house, not the bungalow--The attention to detail is amazing. Robin the property manager went above the call of duty as did Deb the housecleaner. Incredible as it may seem--we needed to watch TV-- more specifically the SuperBowl as our Seattle Seahawks had FINALLY made it to the big game. When I booked this 9 months earlier, I never dreamed we would be worrying about watching football in paradise. Robin gave us suggestions, and on the day of, informed us via email that the previous occupants had left early and Deb would work her magic and get it ready for us so that we would not miss the game. This was such a great gesture in "pleasing the guests" that I can't sing her praises enough--thanks Robin and Deb. Now back to the property--AMAZING-- little things: gecko cabinet handles, frog sink stoppers, duck sculptures holding flower pots, a one-leg bird watching over the bbq--a balinese daybed that was my home most of our evenings-- oh and the resident unobtrusive outdoor cat . It was so easy to love this exotic home. The outdoor shower, the chirping geckos, the beautiful gardens, the beach accessories : boogie boards, chairs and towels-- It was like staying at a friend"s home...a REALLY cool friend's home. We read previous guests comments and tried the relaxing Luana Spa (separate review-great massage) and the Thai food by Pranee restaurant--so good! We also bbq'd one night.
We enjoyed the beach--and exploring Hana. A perfect, romantic, relaxing, beautiful property.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 23louise

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed here with another couple mid January. This home is on private yard with a beautiful garden. The home is welcoming and has everything you need. The master bedroom is amazing with a huge bathroom and there is a small second bedroom. This place would be a wonderful romantic retreat...but as two couples one couple gets a pretty small bedroom and a bathroom with no shower. Not too big a deal. The outdoor shower is pretty nice. The lanai was great...my favourite place to be!
Unfortunately it rained the whole time we were in Hana. Hana has limited amenities and dining is pricey. We had to haul the mattress and pillow from the lanai into the house to protect from water so it was in the way the whole time.
I would still recommend this house as a wonderful place to stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hamoa Bay House for 3 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday - we wished we could have stayed longer. Hana itself is picturesque and serene and finding this gem tucked away in lush surroundings was the icing on the cake! Each morning and evening we'd spend time lounging on the lanai enjoying the view of the pasture and sea below only to realize hours had ticked away - we were so relaxed and soothed by the sounds of the ocean and nature. The kitchen is well appointed, the outdoor shower lovely, the master suite offers a gorgeous view, a very comfortable bed and a beautiful sunken tub - also complete with a view, and the list goes on! The house was the perfect spot to return to after a day of exploring and hiking, we'd often find the grounds kitty waiting on the porch to welcome us back!

We cannot thank Robin enough for a wonderful stay and are anxious to plan a return visit!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lunisbrandon
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stumbled upon this marvelous property and are so glad we did! It felt like we had our own little "island" of serenity on Maui all to ourselves. We had all the conveniences 1 could ask for. We loved being able to gather mangos and avocados. We took full advantage of the outdoor shower and the beautiful porch giving us a view of the Big Island. Having a full kitchen made preparing local offerings an added benefit. If we ever get back to Maui, and I bet we will, we will return. It truly is the best experience we have ever had!

Room Tip: You get the entire Treetop Bungalow!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LillieMarlene
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I second everyone else's praise of this place. We stayed in 4 different places during this Hawaiian trip and this bungalow by far was the most beautiful and relaxing. Every little touch comes together beautifully - fresh flowers, a great view, the seclusion, the outdoor shower or indoor tub. I wish I were still there, to be honest. I'm trying to balance this with something less glowing so you don't think it's a fake review...Hamoa Bay is a bit farther than I'd expected and we had to walk along the current detour of the main road. Took us 15 minutes, not 10. The open-air room below the bungalow allowed the mosquitos to munch on me while I was in the hammock, but I was too lazy to spray myself. Also I discovered I don't like the smell of overripe breadfruit. And that's all I can come up with for negatives, ha ha! The rest is golden. It would be a perfect honeymoon spot if you don't mind the road there.

BTW, if you are wondering about driving the road south back to civilization, we managed it in a rental Malibu, not known for its 4WD capabilities. We checked the road condition first, cause there's a spot where you cross a dry stream. If it weren't dry, our Malibu would've not made it I suspect. The road is dirt and narrow in places but not rutted or impassible by any means. And the remoteness when it finally opens up is amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Geoviki
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at the Hamoa Bay Bungalow for three nights on our honeymoon. It was our absolute favorite place we stayed on any island we visited. All three mornings we walked the 10 minutes to Hamoa Beach and watched a glorious sunrise. The tub on the lanai is amazing, and the landscaping makes you feel like you are in your own private jungle. There is no more romantic spot near or in Hana if you ask us. Hanging out under the bungalow in the really cool space created there was fun.
We love this place so much that we are spending our first (and hopefully all) anniversary there. If it ever comes up for sale we would buy it. That's how much we love it:)

Room Tip: Theres only one, you cant go wrong!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WilliamGilliam
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed in Hamoa Bay House in April with my boyfriend. What a most amazing and beautiful place. We wanted a place that was quiet and peaceful where we would be left alone and away from the hustle and bustle of Maui. We chose well. We spent the most wonderful and relaxing 4 nights and would have loved to stay longer if we could. We adored the town of Hana as it was a very relaxed feel. So much to do in the area, we hiked up to the falls, swam in the ocean, attended the Taro festival and enjoyed the Lava Tube. The best part was all the homemade banana bread we consumed. We will be back, thank you for the experience.
Mahalo,
Alana and Colin

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alana S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hana
Travaasa Hana, Maui
#1 of 2 in Makawao
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea

Been to Hamoa Bay Bungalow? Share your experiences!