“Trip to jungle paradise”
Review of Papalani

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hana
Papalani
Ranked #5 of 9 Hana B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Visiting some new friends, I had the chance to go to Maui and stay at the Papalani a wonderful B&B. The room was spotless and at $160.00 a night, I was able to stay a few days and really enjoy the sites and my new friends. The whole place felt like being in a jungle. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a rock. The hosts Tracy and Sybil were fantastic. The area in Hana is so beautiful and peaceful I found that I had forgotten my cellphone and laptop in my room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Tabitha M

Reviewed 11 February 2012

The first thing you'll notice when you arrive at Papalani is that it's off the beaten track. You will be entering a pleasant escape from the normal accommodations you may be use to. Sybil and Tracy are the proprietors of these three private residences offered.
Peaceful is the word for this jungle-like setting. You'll be surrounded by an orange morning light and birds and an escape from any hustle and bustle. It's quiet, there's a trail that leads to the ocean off the property worth taking in the sunrise.
The Ohana room is where we stayed. The washer/dryer is a little old but worthy, the kitchen was spot clean and the appliances were in good shape. You'll need to take off your shoes as the place was kept clean. Bathroom facilities are very good. Plenty of windows to catch the light and the jungle-like views. A good bed to sleep in. All you need to do is head on out to the road and enjoy purchasing the cheap fruits on island road stands, barbeque if you like on the electric grill and be mindful that lights and hot water are limited but good.
Although there is no breakfast provided, you won't be disappointed. Sybil makes you feel at home. At $160 a night, you'll find what you get at a reasonable price.
Why stay here? If you want to be near the black sand beaches, take gentle hikes or see Ohelo gulch, this is the place to stay. Leave the noise, tourist traps and souvenir shops to someone else.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank daytripperNewYork
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This is my first ever trip advisor review. I use the resources here all the time so thought I should finally give back. Sybil's place is perfect. If you are like me you search the internet for neat places to take your family. As Sybil once said to me it's time to jump in, you have found the perfect place so close to the national park and central to all of Hanas beaty and highlights. My first trip to Hana was a 1 night stay in Nancy's yurt at Luana spa (also great) but small for a long stay. I stayed in Sybil's Bamboo Gatehouse in front, aka the "beachhouse"-named by her family. This trip I stayed with girlfriend, and 12 year old son for 5 nights. Should of stayed longer as Hana is so amazing. It really is neat. Sybil's rentals are nicer than my home, she puts that extra special touch into them. Perfectly screened out for bugs, great kitchen, comfortable beds. It's really a great place. You know when you go somewhere and the wood on the doors has a molding type pattern, not that it's a big deal but stuff like that on a rental shows how much she cares about the property. Sybil is very nice with her time and helps the guests feel welcome. Your right across the street from the Venus pool, Hamoa beach is 8 minutes away, national park bamboo forest and national park with the perfect Horseback riding with Keoni that goes into the park, black sand beach caves, red sand beach, thai food, Hana and Sybils is perfect. I liked the gatehouse, you really feel on your own as it's the farthest property from other units at Papalani. The only downside to Hana is that the snorkeling doesnt compare to Kaanapali, but Hana really deserves a week if you can swing it.

Room Tip: Bamboo Gatehouse but all are good.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank DavidTanar
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed in the garden room for two nights in June 2011 with our two teenagers. The room was private, very large, with a tile floor, fans, three queen beds, an inside toilet, an outside shower with solar-heated hot water, and a little outside screen-enclosed kitchen. The outside shower was fun -- there are little white Christmas lights on it. We loved Papalani, and we wished we could have stayed longer. The garden is so beautiful and the setting is very quiet. There is a lookout with a stunning view of the ocean, and the waves can be heard from Sybil's property. Sybil is a wonderful host - she will give you privacy if that is what you desire, but she is also happy to chat and offer suggestions of places to visit. After our stay in Hana we moved over to Kihei for a week, but we missed the quiet, and the lush vegetation, of Hana. One day, we'll return to Maui for a longer stay at Papalani.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank sierra1
Reviewed 17 August 2011

How anyone can write a bad review on Papalani is beyond belief. This is an OUTSTANDING place to stay. The owner, Sybil, is the nicest person any one could meet. She is the crown jewel in this island paradise. If one is looking for a relaxing enjoyable vacation Papalani is the place to go. The property is beautiful and the cottages are first class. I highly recommend Papalani. You will not be disappointed!!!!!! Bob S. Parrish Florida

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Bobs112
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Beautiful property, incredible vegetable garden which Sybil was incredibly generous with, spotless beautiful cottage with windows everywhere. The bedroom has windows with a view into the forest which has giant ferns and banana and palm trees. The cottage is very well equipped with everything you need. It's a perfect place to relax and it is close to hiking at the National park. A 20 minute drive to the Pipiwai trail and 7 pools. Sybil is very helpful with advise about the area and we got some great fresh fish from the fisherman down the road. Everyone should experience staying here!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hikergirl66
Reviewed 1 April 2011

We spent 3 days (2 nights) in Hana and loved every moment of out stay!
The perfectly appointed 2 bedroom suite we stayed at was beautiful, spacious and incredibly comfortable. Sybil, the owner, is a very gracious hostess, welcoming and warm hearted. We highly recommend Papalani to anyone looking for tranquility and beauty in the lush tropical Hana.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple