Travaasa Hana, Maui
US$432
US$737
US$628
  • Pool
Residence Inn by Marriott Maui Wailea(Wailea)(Great Value!)
US$708
US$365
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
US$583
Orbitz.com
US$554
US$514
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,316 results
All reviewssea ranch cottageinfinity poolgolf carthorseback ridinghot tubsteam roomfour seasonsyoga classeshotel restauranttennis courtsno tipping policythe cottagesour honeymoonspa serviceshamoa beachthe main dining roomhotel grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2009

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel for our first 2 nights in Maui so that we could fly in, do the Hana Highway drive on our first full day and then explore Hana before heading back around the island to Lahaina. Not only was it beautiful, but the staff was gracious, our garden cabin was large, clean and well situated on the grounds and the views were incredible. I also indulged in a fantastic spa treatment and enjoyed using their facilities (the cold dip, sauna, etc is free to guests). The only complaint is that the food is only mediocre, and I realize that coming from NYC maybe we're a bit spoiled - but it was okay, breakfast being the best meal served. There really is not any other options in Hana and the view during your meal is spectacular. The hotel also has guest services at Hamoa Beach (chairs, snorkel gear, showers) which is close by.

This is the type of accommodations you book if you want to turn off your cell phone for 2 days and wake up every morning to watch the sun rise and drink coffee on the lanai with whomever you are traveling with. The perfect detox from busy NYC. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank architecta
Reviewed 7 June 2009

This place can only be described as complete perfection. After an exhaustive search, I came here with a group of 12 very different guests for my wedding and all guests described it as incredible, amazing and PERFECT! There is a new chef and the food was amazing. This place is the best of everything... compete privacy and relaxation, with the modern amenities only a phone call away. This is complete luxury compared to the abysmal tourist chain resorts on the West side of Maui. All the staff is outstanding. Do not miss!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank ilovereb
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I have been going to Hotel Hana Maui for almost twenty years. It's never disappointed and I do recommend at least a ten day stay. Everything about this destination is lovely...it's simple and elegant in an old school way of luxury escape. The staff is like family, the grounds astounding, the Sea Ranch Cottages roomy and private. I've spent a lot of time on Maui and I love the Four Season's Wailea too (when I have less time and more $'s). Hotel Hana Maui is a true treasure if you want a real getaway. The bell staff, grounds people, the entire community, the nightly lounge shows , the quiet and the overall sense of peace have provided for me a true sanctuary. If you can "survive" without air conditioned, over the top luxurious suites (which can be found at the Four Seasons) you might thrive on the entire ambiance of this destination. Like I said, try to spend at least ten days in Hana. You can fly to Hana from Honolulu or Kahului and be picked up and delivered to the hotel (thus no despair about the drive). Yeah, there are some flaws but in my quest for an amazing hotel, far away from home but not all that far away from my home in California, this place works. No Evian spritzes but the banana bread (replaced daily), the ambiance and all are amazing. I guess I am repetitive about this very special place and I probably shouldn't recommend it ( because I want it to be secret) but I want it to always be there, thus I write. Again, I also enjoy the Four Season's at Wailea which is also perfect, in a different way. Do your research and make your choice. I've made mine.

• Stayed: March 2009
3  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Hotel Hana-Maui is very different from other "hotels" we stayed in. There are about 69 "rooms", which are actually duplex cottages varying in square footage, sprawled on a spacious 66 acres of land. It is "the" center of Hana town. Average room rate is about $600. Most of the cottages have ocean views with ample size decks. There are no air conditioners; just ceiling fans and the cool sea breeze to cool you off. The rooms are nicely decorated in a tropical design. There are no television sets or wifi hookups in the rooms. There is a club room for internet use. There are also a washer and dryer on the premises. Because the cottage is very open to the outside, be mindful of ants, moths, gnats, and occasional cockroaches within the rooms itself. My family and I chose to stay at a Superior Oceanfront Sea Cottage thinking the sounds of the waves would lull us to a nice slumber at night. Not so...I think we might have been too close to the ocean because we were constantly awakend by loud, thunderous crashing of the waves. (Something to consider, when choosing your rooms.) Also, the location of our cottage is quite a ways from the front desk and main dining area. Fortunately, we can call the valet to pick us up in a golf cart and drop us off at any part of the resort when walking became a bit much especially for my young kids.
The resort has horseback riding, tennis courts, croquet, 2 swimming pools, one heated the other not; a wellness center for daily yoga, hula lessons, lei making class, a weight room/gym.
The service at the hotel was impeccable. Everyone, from the front desk clerk, the bellman, the gardeners, the concierge, to the beach attendants were all so accommodating, friendly and helpful. They provided transportation wherever you may need to go around town. The spa was very nice, with a lava rock whirlpool, cold plunge, steam room and outdoor showers. The menu of massages was diverse from shiatsu, lomi lomi, various wraps including volcanic ash, and hot stone healing. The price for most 50 minute massages were about $140. This service is a must try.
I think the value of the hotel is not in the room itself, but for the sevices, the ammenities, the activities, the tranquility (excluding the loud crashing waves at night) it provided us.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank hoohiki
Reviewed 17 May 2009

We stayed at the Hotel Hana for two nights after 6 days in Kaanapali, and were amazed at how different the east side of the island and the hotel were compared to the typical tourist destination of west Maui. We felt like we had stepped back in time to old Hawaii!

We stayed in the Bay Cottages in the Junior Suite in room #30, which had a great view of the hotel grounds, one of the pools and the Hana Bay. I had a similar experience to most of the reviewers here - warm and friendly staff, beautiful grounds, and a lot of complimentary amenities. We checked out snorkel equipment and golf equipment from the concierge desk, and used the spa facilities daily. The steam room and cold plunge pool were awesome!

It's a short drive to Hamoa Beach, a secluded beach with great waves for bodysurfing. (And there are facilities at the beach for hotel guests to use). The hotel offers a shuttle, but we just drove.

Yes, food is expensive here, but it's delicious and many of the ingredients are locally grown. If you are there on a Friday night, definitely try to catch the Buffet and Hula show. It's the complete opposite of a big luau - intimate and included four generations of one family. It was exactly what the Hotel Hana is - warm, relaxing and authentic!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple