“Peaceful with Spectacular Views!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Koali Ranch Cottage from the ocean
From the lanai
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
stsmile20...
Kihei, Hawaii
“Peaceful with Spectacular Views!”
Reviewed 22 June 2016 for a stay in March 2016

This past March, we celebrated our 20th anniversary at the very special Koali Ranch Cottage!
Spending five days exploring the beautiful Hana Coastline, mornings at Hamoa Beach,
hiking through the magical Bamboo Forest, and, then sunset on the lanai toasting with champagne and strawberries! What more can one ask for! If you want to truly experience
Heaven on Earth, then Koali Ranch Cottage provides you this wonderful opportunity!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and views
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
16 Nov 2016
Yikes! I am sorry to be so late in responding to your wonderful review. Thank you. We hope to see you again.
europe200...
boston, ma
“you won't want to leave!”
Reviewed 9 April 2016 for a stay in December 2015

The views were so spectacular from sunrise to sunset, you won't be disappointed.
the location was great to a lot of the key sights/hikes to see while doing the road to Hana.
the welcome basket of fruit and local banana loaf was a nice gesture.
tip - bring dinner to cook - the closest market had very slim pickings.
I would recommend this cottage to any of my friends who want to stay a few nights in Hana.
My husband and I didn't want to leave!!

berkeley2
California
“stunning view with peace & quiet”
Reviewed 3 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

This place is gorgeous. The view is unreal! We wished we could have stayed more than 2 nights so that we'd have more time to just sit outside & stare at the view.

We had a small problem with the bedding smelling not very fresh & they fixed it immediately.

As rental kitchens go this one is pretty well-stocked w/ a variety of pots & pans -- they even have cast iron pans! :)

Great location that allowed us to hike Pipiwai trail first thing in the morning w/ hardly any other people.

To explain my comment about the insensitive artwork: the closet has painted doors showing different scenes from one of the owners' life. One scene shows people being hanged (the info binder explains she wanted to "string up" the construction workers because she was so frustrated with them). I took it with a grain of salt given the age of the person, & I could avert my eyes because of the gestural, abstracted brush-painted style (I think my partner didn't even notice the content), but it still bothered me. Lynching or hanging is not a joking matter, & not all artworks age well or are appropriate for all audiences, including unsuspecting vacationers. It is a lovely art piece other than that one scene.

I would still come back & I would still recommend this place to most friends -- but with a warning to those who are particularly sensitive.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: view! view! view! & well-stocked kitchen
Liked least: insensitive artwork
10 Apr 2016
Thank you for your beautiful review. I am sorry that I missed you this trip.

The painted closet doors were a house warming gift from Elsie Daas, noted island artist on the occasion of the house completion. Mom used the doors in her closet in Honolulu and when they moved to Hana in 1964, she could not part with the doors...so she put them in her cottage. I am sorry that it offended you and hope you can ignore it on your next trip.
happilyre...
Seattle, Washington
“A Piece of Paradise”
Reviewed 4 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

This charming cottage with a drop dead gorgeous panoramic view of the ocean is now our favorite spot on Maui. It is equipped with everything you need to feed your body and soul. Highly recommended for a romantic get away!

Your age range 65+
6 Dec 2015
Yes indeed your review was really favorable. Thank you
Maui-fan2...
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very relaxing and well stocked”
Reviewed 21 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We were very satisfied with our accommodations at the Koali Ranch Cottage. It was easy to find, had a beautiful view of the ocean and was quiet and very clean. There were many pleasant surprises, fresh flowers, snacks and well stocked cupboards. We appreciated learning about the history of the ranch and the art in the cottage, it felt more personal than a condo or hotel. It was perfect and we wish we had booked to stay longer.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Very private.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
martin w
Chittenango, New York
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 17 June 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and I were on a cruise and had 2 days in Maui. We wanted to explore Hana and do some hiking. We decided to stay at this lovely cottage instead of driving back to the cruise ship that night since the ship was in port for two days. What a great idea and the cottage was terrific. Waking up to sounds of crashing waves and mooing cows was priceless. Enjoyed a nice breakfast on the porch with coffee and started early back to the ship.

Redsanurs...
Stittsville
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 6 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

With breathtaking views and privacy, this place was a gem!

We checked in and the power went out, something that happens frequently on this side of the island we were told, but it was such a nice night and we didn't miss having the power (once we figured out our supper).

Fresh produce was on site including the best avocado I had ever tasted.

And that first night we opened up all the doors to the lanai and fell asleep to the breeze and the sound of the rain as it began to fall.

What a lovely place to call home for 3 nights, and Hana was by far, my favourite part of my Hawaiin experience!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing